returning to flying after 29 years

Old April 30th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default returning to flying after 29 years

On Apr 30, 1:32*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"WingFlaps" wrote in message

On Apr 30, 11:12 am, "BT" wrote:

Just remember.. you do not need to retake the written.. but this is the
best
way to get up to speed on the material and changes over the last 20 years.

Interesting, in (some) other countries the written test has a limited
validity and you have only a few years grace before you hare to retake
them if you don't complete the training in that period.

Cheers

--------begin new post----(still hoping to understand OE)-----------

It expires here as well if you don't complete the certification. *However,
the OP stated that he was "licensed" back in the day.

OK thanks.

Cheers
Old April 30th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

WingFlaps wrote:
On Apr 30, 11:12 am, "BT" wrote:
Just remember.. you do not need to retake the written.. but this is the best
way to get up to speed on the material and changes over the last 20 years.

Interesting, in (some) other countries the written test has a limited
validity and you have only a few years grace before you hare to retake
them if you don't complete the training in that period.

Cheers

It's the same here in the US. But I don't believe the OP had NOT
finished his training. BT's comment was just to clear up any possible
misconception after responders suggested what amounted to redoing the
ground school portion of training as a way to reacquaint him to
aviation.
Old May 1st 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-29, Robert M. Gary wrote:
2) King VFR Flight Review (better for those that just need refresher,
includes the stuff below)
http://www.kingschools.com/productDe...0KSJV033CSEDVD

I'll second this recommendation. I got it not too long ago, and it was
really good at bringing my knowledge level up to date.

The actual physical part of flying will come back pretty well, if you're
like me. I've gottan 4 hours of dual so far, and will get another 5 more
before I first solo N55ZC - but that's as much because that's what the
insurance company will want (5 hours dual in the aircraft) as it is because
that's what I think I need.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)