Backlit panel

Old April 15th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Default Backlit panel

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
"Dan D" wrote:

Do you think they would work well for moles and gophers?

Something better: Get your oxy/aceteleyne , fill the hole with acetylene
gas, add some oxygen, then light the torch and put it down the hole. It
make a fine fuel/air explosive!

Have you priced acetylene lately? Propane much cheaper.

On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch with a
large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of wood
without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let run a
while-- then ignite.
Old April 15th 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
"Dan D" wrote:

Do you think they would work well for moles and gophers?

Something better: Get your oxy/aceteleyne , fill the hole with acetylene
gas, add some oxygen, then light the torch and put it down the hole. It
make a fine fuel/air explosive!

Though I enjoyed a recent newsgroup thread describing the use of
oxy-acetylene to fill a trash bag for a bang or launching a dead rat via
an iron pipe with the same propellant, I was interested to hear that
this was also an easy way to go deaf for several days. The bang (it
appears) can be overwhelming!!

Brian W
Old April 15th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Jerry Wass schreef:
On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch with a
large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of wood
without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let run a
while-- then ignite.

Nice idea, but unworkable in this deep****asshole of a place. I
contacted several resellers, they all told me pc's are made of (cheapo)
soft steel, a bit of silicon and lots of plastic. No pc's of wood
available down here, I really must consider moving into them US of A
where the market is so much broader.
Old April 16th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Dan wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
"Dan D" wrote:
Do you think they would work well for moles and gophers?

This is how they handle squirrels in Spokane:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420a...squirrels.html

No reason why it shouldn't work on any ground burrowing animal....

http://www.m-aparts.com/products/4260711851_sniper.jpg

Those are my kind of action heroes!

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Toooo Funny!

Old April 16th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

jan olieslagers wrote:
Jerry Wass schreef:
On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch with
a large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of wood
without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let run a
while-- then ignite.

Nice idea, but unworkable in this deep****asshole of a place. I
contacted several resellers, they all told me pc's are made of (cheapo)
soft steel, a bit of silicon and lots of plastic. No pc's of wood
available down here, I really must consider moving into them US of A
where the market is so much broader.

All of our better pcs are wood, deluxe version finely lacquered with
Chinese lacquer---not that expensive Japanese stuff.
Old April 16th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Jerry Wass wrote:
jan olieslagers wrote:
Jerry Wass schreef:
On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch
with a large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of
wood without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let
run a while-- then ignite.

Nice idea, but unworkable in this deep****asshole of a place. I
contacted several resellers, they all told me pc's are made of
(cheapo) soft steel, a bit of silicon and lots of plastic. No pc's of
wood available down here, I really must consider moving into them US
of A where the market is so much broader.

All of our better pcs are wood, deluxe version finely lacquered with
Chinese lacquer---not that expensive Japanese stuff.

Well, wood is ok, I guess.
But a good PC really needs a lot of brass tube and fittings
and steam gages.

Like this one...
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/mo...n_steampun.php
Old April 16th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Jerry Wass wrote:
jan olieslagers wrote:
Jerry Wass schreef:
On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch
with a large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of
wood without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let
run a while-- then ignite.

Nice idea, but unworkable in this deep****asshole of a place. I
contacted several resellers, they all told me pc's are made of
(cheapo) soft steel, a bit of silicon and lots of plastic. No pc's of
wood available down here, I really must consider moving into them US
of A where the market is so much broader.

All of our better pcs are wood, deluxe version finely lacquered with
Chinese lacquer---not that expensive Japanese stuff.

Or just lots o' brass (double entendre intended)
http://i.gizmodo.com/5077662/dataman...-uncomfortable
Old April 16th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

cavelamb wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
jan olieslagers wrote:
Jerry Wass schreef:
On the other hand---to get the correct mixture--fire up the torch
with a large flame of correct proportions---snuff it out on a pc of
wood without changing adjustment knobs--stick it in the tunnel--let
run a while-- then ignite.

Nice idea, but unworkable in this deep****asshole of a place. I
contacted several resellers, they all told me pc's are made of
(cheapo) soft steel, a bit of silicon and lots of plastic. No pc's of
wood available down here, I really must consider moving into them US
of A where the market is so much broader.

All of our better pcs are wood, deluxe version finely lacquered with
Chinese lacquer---not that expensive Japanese stuff.

Or just lots o' brass (double entendre intended)
http://i.gizmodo.com/5077662/dataman...-uncomfortable

That's not lots of brass, this is:

http://cache.io9.com/assets/resource...%20No.%202.jpg

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 16th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Dan wrote:
cavelamb wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
jan olieslagers wrote:
Jerry Wass schreef:
[...]

OOOOOooooooooooohhhhh Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!
Old April 16th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Jan,

Your email address is bouncing for both of us.
How about send a real address to me and Jerry Wass?

Richard

20B Panel jcarlyle Soaring 21 April 1st 09 10:57 PM
Panel Planner [email protected] Home Built 6 March 7th 06 11:48 PM
IFR PANEL Flyhighdave Home Built 4 January 18th 05 04:24 AM
IFR PANEL Flyhighdave Home Built 4 January 17th 05 07:15 PM
182 panel Jim Owning 2 August 2nd 03 09:06 PM