Sandblasting reference?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 15th 05, 11:03 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default Sandblasting reference?

Just thinking into the future at the moment.

I know nothing about sandblasting except you can apparently use
different abrasive material i.e. glass beads, sand, nut shells (?)

An aircraft I'm looking at has some rust at the tail cone. If I
purchase it, I'd like to remove the rust and prime it.

Assume my A&P says the tubing is structurally intact, but pits are
evident.

Can someone point me to a reference that talks about what I need to
sandblast the area, what abrasive to use, or if the area is small,
some other method of rust removal? Other considerations?

Sorry, but I know only enough to ask a general question at this point
- Mike