Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

Old October 29th 20, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard

Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'
Old October 30th 20, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:58:44 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard

Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'

Yes, that would through it off. Would read high by about 40%.

If you have a spot in the panel, give it a go! STF would not be correct for the Caproni, but a cool addition to the panel!

Steve Leonard

Old November 11th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 6:59:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Yes, the instrument is 80 mm.
Steve Leonard
Old November 11th 20, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Literal Google translation

SOLLFAHRTGEBER -- SHOULD SPEED SENSOR