Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

Old January 28th 21, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...?adppopup=true

Flame Suit on!!

Steve Leonard
Old January 28th 21, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:09:44 PM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

Anybody recognize where it was filmed?
ROY
Old January 29th 21, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Steve Leonard wrote on 1/28/2021 2:09 PM:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...?adppopup=true

Flame Suit on!!

Steve Leonard

So much odd about this ad: why did he land so long? Why did they leave the glider sitting
there? Are they going for a rope to tow it back? Who will walk the wing: the guy that landed
long, or the crew that forgot the rope? And was that really a hot, sporty car in 1969? I don't
think so!

Old January 29th 21, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 4:15:40 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Steve Leonard wrote on 1/28/2021 2:09 PM:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...?adppopup=true

Flame Suit on!!

Steve Leonard

So much odd about this ad: why did he land so long? Why did they leave the glider sitting
there? Are they going for a rope to tow it back? Who will walk the wing: the guy that landed
long, or the crew that forgot the rope? And was that really a hot, sporty car in 1969? I don't
think so!

Ad Agencies!!
Chuckle..Why would you want to diss any car comparing it with a 2-33? Well maybe a Yugo.
Old January 29th 21, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

That may have been filmed in Sedona AZ.
If I landed and that Fox ran up to me in that new car, I'd leave too!
First stop a liquor store and then a hotel room.
Nick
Old January 29th 21, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:35:02 PM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:09:44 PM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

Anybody recognize where it was filmed?
ROY

No clue on where filmed....

A "Rogue" and a 2-33......to me in 2021.....double fail......yes, I still fly 2-33's.....honest ship.....

I have a joke about "69", but won't post here....
Old January 29th 21, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 9:19:58 AM UTC+7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:35:02 PM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:09:44 PM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

Anybody recognize where it was filmed?
ROY

No clue on where filmed....

A "Rogue" and a 2-33......to me in 2021.....double fail......yes, I still fly 2-33's.....honest ship.....

I have a joke about "69", but won't post here....

Good eye, Nick. Definately looks like Sedona airport... and a fox.

Old January 29th 21, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Girl in 1969 Rambler falls for guy in 2-33.

I'd say that's pretty much the definition of the shallow end of the gene pool.
Old January 29th 21, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 8:22:34 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I am curious what was the google search you were conducting "for a friend" when you found this, and great find!!

I was actually doing some looking around for information on the Ted Nelson Hummingbird. It brought up a link to this page with "46 Motor Glider Premium Footage..." Part of the fun stuff we get to do on the board of the National Soaring Museum. All the remaining Hummingbirds are in museums now.

https://www.gettyimages.com/videos/m...rt=mostpopular

If you scroll around in there, you can see footage of the prototype Hummingbird. It was a two seat, side by side, retracting engine, self launching sailplane. It evolved for low rate production into a tandem seating configuration that looks similar to the later Schweizer 2-32.

Steve Leonard

Antonov An-22 pics 4 [4/4] - Soviet 1965 post stamp showcasing the An-22 success at the Paris Air Show..jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 December 14th 19 02:32 PM
Non-Stop Soaring Film Fest: Showcasing The Best Soaring Videos Kemp[_2_] Soaring 20 December 21st 11 10:25 AM
oldie Fabio Aviation Photos 0 January 21st 08 04:31 PM
Battle of Britain in Art - JLM-Nicolas Trudgian-Their Finest Hour3.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 2 December 17th 06 06:55 PM
Combat exercise showcasing proposed uniform, By Airman 1st Class Terri Barriere Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 June 11th 04 01:47 AM