Hello from Santiago,Chile and the Sailplane Grand Prix

Old January 7th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JMR

Default Hello from Santiago,Chile and the Sailplane Grand Prix

I have uploaded some videos and photos from my day at the World
Sailplane Grand Prix Finale. Needless to say it was an incredible day
and I met some amazing people. I met racers Uli Schwenk and Tilo
Holinghaus. I spent most of the day in the briefing room watching the
race on the monitor drinking beer and eating some great food. I met
Mark(MartinAir MD-11 captain) and Mark(Graham Parkers crew-mate) and
we had a good time in the briefing room. Mark(MartinAir) flies a
Nimbus 4T from the UK and placed 3rd in the Holland National's, and he
was a wealth of soaring knowledge for my novice mind, as was the other
Mark. I apologize for the randomness and quality of the images, I am
not a documentarian or videographer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday
Inn last night either.
To access the images, go to youtube and search jmraa767, and the
photos are at flikr.com where you search people and type jmraa767.
As of this morning I am still "HIGH" on carbon and fiberglass and will
begin the full court press on the wife to aid my addiction. This has
to be on my top ten layovers ever!
Hasta luego and watch the race on-line!!
Justin Rizor
Old January 7th 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JMR

On Jan 7, 7:03*am, JMR wrote:
[...]

BTW, in one of the videos I say a "grass" tennis court, but I know
it's a clay court! I am an avid tennis player.