DG 808B

Old July 18th 05, 02:08 PM
Mal

Default DG 808B

Has anyone flown one or own one.

Mal

Old July 18th 05, 04:32 PM
bumper

Not this "anyone".

However, I suggest you also consider Schleicher's ASH26E if you're looking
for an 18 meter self-launch. Though one problem with this suggestion is that
on the used marketplace a suitable 26E will be more difficult to find.

bumper

Old July 18th 05, 07:09 PM
Paul

Yes and yes.
What would you like to know?

Old July 19th 05, 03:12 AM
Mal

Cool Paul,

I what did it go like etc.
Can only dream of owning one lucky you.
May have the opportunity to fly one.

Any pictures ?

Mal

"Paul" wrote in message
Yes and yes.
What would you like to know?

Old July 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Mal

I have flown the ASW 28 18E loved it see the results I just realised I did
not put up any state comp pictures.

http://www.mals.net/

Old July 19th 05, 03:55 AM
Paul

It goes well.
Nice handling. Flies like its on rails. Not as light and fluffy as a LS8 but
a more solid feel. ( Which I prefer )
Lots of grunt in the engine department. Really easy to operate with the
automated engine retraction system. Just power back, turn off the ignition,
and fly the glider. the propeller slows down and moves into position. A
servo puts the brake on and it retracts. A damn site easier than the 400.
Less vibration etc than the 400.
If you get the chance to have a skid in one then you will enjoy it. I havn't
flown either the 26 or 28e so can't compare. I believe these days the choice
of which is the better glider really boils down to personal taste. I have
never heard an owner of any glider bad mouth their own machine. They may one
day want to sell it ;-)
We have moved the 808 on and now own a DG 1000.

Paul

"Mal" wrote in message
Cool Paul,

I what did it go like etc.
Can only dream of owning one lucky you.
May have the opportunity to fly one.

Any pictures ?

Mal

"Paul" wrote in message
Yes and yes.
What would you like to know?

Old July 19th 05, 04:53 AM
Mal

I confused myself with the post it should read 808C I realised after you did
not mention the flaps.

DG 1000 yes I really enjoyed the DG 1000 will try the Orion soon just to
compare the DUO with it I should also fly the ASK 21

Have not flow a LS8 only LS 4

On my list to fly are DG400, LS 8 , LS18 Nimbus and Discus

Mal

"Mal" wrote in message
Cool Paul,

I what did it go like etc.
Can only dream of owning one lucky you.
May have the opportunity to fly one.

Any pictures ?

Mal

"Paul" wrote in message
Yes and yes.
What would you like to know?

Old July 23rd 05, 02:47 AM
robert

I too have flown the ASW 28 18E loved it also. Thanks to the Austarlian rep.

Probably the most comfortable and ergonomic glider I have flown in 35 years
and lots of types. I am tall and heavy.

The engine system is just so easy and the gliders performance and handling
are superb.

My poor old Nimbus 2C is a great ship.

Now all I need is the Lottery to work better than it has.

Robert