Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old September 11th 04, 09:12 PM
Mark Hickey

"Rich S." wrote:

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
.. .

How DUMB does CBS count on its viewers being, anyway? I knew they
hoped we were dumb, but I guess they hope we're deaf, dumb and blind.

I hope y'all remember this when you are flipping channels trying to
get a handle on what's really going on in the world...

I still say the NRA should have deferred building their new multi-jillion
dollar headquarters building and bought CBS when it was for sale. Wouldn't
that be something? I can see the program listings now. . .

Rich "The Ted Nugent Comedy Hour" S.

It would probably be a lot funnier than most of the drivel on CBS
though....

Mark Hickey
Old September 11th 04, 10:31 PM
Jim Carriere

Mark Hickey wrote:
How DUMB does CBS count on its viewers being, anyway? I knew they
hoped we were dumb, but I guess they hope we're deaf, dumb and blind.

I hope y'all remember this when you are flipping channels trying to
get a handle on what's really going on in the world...

I'm with you there!

Here is my premise on most of "The Media." I consider myself to know
more than the average person does about aviation. (Note, most
participants in this group are a good cut of people and similarly
smart on aviation.) Whenever an aviation related story is in the
news, I often find a lot of mistakes in it, some of them pretty
stupid and due to laziness on the part of the media.

Extrapolating from this, what about stories in areas where I am about
average or relatively ignorant? In other words, I wonder how much
they screw up the facts on pretty much everything!

Now, there are good sources of news out there, but network TV
invariably caters to the lowest common deonominator.

Old September 12th 04, 01:48 PM
Mark Hickey

Jim Carriere wrote:

Now, there are good sources of news out there, but network TV
invariably caters to the lowest common deonominator.

The way I've come to view it is that the media never lets the facts
stand in the way of a good story.

Mark Hickey
Old September 12th 04, 01:59 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:22:15 -0500, Barnyard BOb - wrote:

Here in Missouri -
Our PRIMARIES are wide open, but....

Sort of. We have to choose which ballot we want and then vote for the
people on that ballot only.

What you proposed about voting for the opposition party weak guy, that's
commonly done now. I know of many many people who do that and consider
that to be how the system works. So, I guess what we have running are the
2 weakest people we can find.

Old September 13th 04, 12:22 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Rich says...

I think being an American means standing up for what's right,
regardless of who that puts in the wrong. Kerry did what he thought
was right, and I personally think that what he did took alot more
courage then simply ignoring the atrocities.

It would have been right if he had the courage to say it then and there when it
happened. He should have turned himself in for what he said "he" did,that's
courage. But to wait until it would politically advance his career was just an
opportunist taking advantage. The fact he met with the VC after he was out puts
him in the same league as Jane Fonda. In my book he's a traitor on par with
Benedict Arnold who also started off as an American war hero. I don't have any
use for back stabbers. Just my opinion.

See ya

Chuck S

Old September 14th 04, 01:31 AM
Rich S.

"Rich S." wrote in message
"Stan Premo" wrote in message
Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed,
and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

I have a primary ballot in front of me now which *requires* me to select a
single party, and then vote *only* for candidates in that party. Ain't
that just ducky?

Rich "marching in lockstep" S.

Just for the record, I can still taste the glue on my absentee ballot
envelope. If we had the "old style" primary, I would have voted for the
candidates whom I considered best qualified to represent me.

With the "new style" of ballot where I had to select a party and then vote
only within that party, I selected the opposition party and voted so as to
give *my* party the most advantageous position in the general election.

This action was taken in a fit of pique that ill becomes me and I regret
that circumstances force my actions. However, it's the best way to apply my
vote to defeat those who I don't feel are qualified to clean public toilets,
much less become Governor. With so many people either refusing to vote, or
deliberately voting contrary to the rules (11% in that case), my vote
becomes even more important.

Think I'll go out in the back yard and empty a few magazines out of my
assault rifle.

Rich S.

Old September 14th 04, 03:32 AM
Richard Isakson

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
With the "new style" of ballot where I had to select a party and then vote
only within that party, I selected the opposition party and voted so as to
give *my* party the most advantageous position in the general election.

Rich,

The Washington State Republican Party announced a long time ago that they
were going to use the Caucus results to pick their candidate not the primary
results. The Demoncrats aren't bound by the primary results either.

Rich

Old September 14th 04, 03:03 PM
Rich S.

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message

The Washington State Republican Party announced a long time ago that they
were going to use the Caucus results to pick their candidate not the
primary
results. The Demoncrats aren't bound by the primary results either.

Oh, crapola. Now I'll go to my grave knowing that I voted for one of *them*!

Rich S.