Free sailplane want ads page on Facebook

Old March 31st 13, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Free sailplane want ads page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SailplaneWantAds

Announcing an all new and TRULY FREE Facebook soaring want ads site! Add your for sale equipment to the Facebook community today watch it go viral within the Facebook soaring community in hours! A large segment of the soaring community is on Facebook today and that number is growing daily. It makes perfect sense that a dedicated Facebook page for want ads is created to support the soaring community.

This site is absolutely free and 100% unassociated with any commercial interests. There are no restrictions to having your ad on any other website, any other poster board inside a soaring club perhaps, any other newspaper or magazine...etc.

You ad will never expire and is always searchable, sharable and accessible by the roughly 1 Billion Facebook users. You can repost your ad as much as you would like.

Log in, like the Sailplane Want Ads page and receive updates automatically as new ads are posted.

Enjoy!
Old March 31st 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

On Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:30:04 AM UTC-4, Sean F (F2) wrote:
[...]

Nearly 50 people have liked the new page in about 4 hours. From Europe, Australia, US, Canada, etc. This kind of social networking power is impossible to contain. Power to the people! ;-)
Old April 1st 13, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

68 likes so far. 3 ads and one item (a new Oudie) has already sold!

I guess wings and wheels is not the "only" way to sell a sailplane related product on the Internet.
Old April 2nd 13, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

100 likes and nearly 1200 views in just a couple days....
Old April 2nd 13, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:06:15 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:
100 likes and nearly 1200 views in just a couple days....

Let's see... WW: 94 aircraft listed, professionally displayed and maintained.
Facebook .. lots of "likes", comments and photos of food...
Old April 2nd 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Brilliant response. Thanks for your "contribution..."

Denial.

Resistance to change.

Disparagement.

Got it. Impressed. Never seen that before...

Sean
F2

PS...up to 130 likes...in 2 days.

When you said wings and wheels is "professionally displayed" I literally spit out my water. Too funny. That site is fine but is basically managed in MS word and has literally no organization or extensions outside of itself. I think it's fine but when the proprietor of that site starts calling up people and telling them to remove ads elsewhere Imagine the 90 ads is going to decline fairly rapidly.
Old April 2nd 13, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:41:03 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Brilliant response. Thanks for your "contribution..."

Denial.

Resistance to change.

Disparagement.

Got it. Impressed. Never seen that before...

Sean

F2

PS...up to 130 likes...in 2 days.

When you said wings and wheels is "professionally displayed" I literally spit out my water. Too funny. That site is fine but is basically managed in MS word and has literally no organization or extensions outside of itself. I think it's fine but when the proprietor of that site starts calling up people and telling them to remove ads elsewhere Imagine the 90 ads is going to decline fairly rapidly.

While I agree that W&W is far from professionally displayed, and has a lot to desire in UI, and as much as I like Facebook, I don't find facebook any easier to browse, find and categorize ads. Also, isn't using facebook limits the audience to only facebook members?
Having said that, I may give it a try and list my items for sale there as well.

Ramy
Old April 2nd 13, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Yes, Facebook it is limited to Facebook members. But today, not having a Facebook account is similar to not having an email 10 years ago. Remember what you thought of those people. Same thing here basically. Sorry if this means anyone reading this but its pretty true. Those who avoid Facebook are only really limiting themselves, and they are always out there. Like the email non adopters, they will be left pretty far behind pretty quickly. And there is alot more than Facebook in Social Networking. Google +, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc. But for now, Facebook is the new "email" for a large majority of the population. It is the standard and it is very, very powerful in both personal and especially the business world, believe it or not. Anyone care to guess how much Procter and Gamble spend on Social Media last year? How about just on Facebook? Look it up.

Oddly almost 50 europeans have joined the page in 2 days (up to 130). They are the most active in sharing the page with friends, etc. Interesting factoid.

The interface for Facebook "pages" is actually pretty decent. But the power is in the networking aspects. You can make a very nice ad on this Facebook page by simply adding a photo and typing your ad into the description section. They share away, answer comments (automatically notifies you) and sell your swag. Others in the network may know of someone looking for your type of glider, etc. They can share it on their page or the page of others in the network that might be looking for that glider.

Best,

Sean
Old April 2nd 13, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

While I’m delighted that I can make someone spit out their water after 25 seconds on the computer, I like the way the WW site is presented: title, photo, description and contact info (I’m sure many people do not want their phone number on Facebook).. That's all I look for when I am searching for something. If it's on there, It’s available.. If I want more info, I contact the seller. Very simple and no "log in" required..
I really don't appreciate the insult. I have a Facebook page for me and another for my business and know what I am doing.. You don't need to be so self-righteous.
Old April 2nd 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Facebook information is actually far more secure than WW could ever dream of being. Your contact info is regularly scraped of wings and whee. See his warnings about scams for this reason.

No insult intended. I was ribbing you.

Don't be so sensitive everyone. Have fun!

Uvalde WGC Facebook Page BobD Soaring 0 August 13th 12 03:24 AM
Gliding Needs airspace Facebook page Terry Mc Elligott Soaring 0 June 16th 10 08:15 PM
18M Nationals has a FaceBook page Gary[_5_] Soaring 0 June 11th 10 03:10 AM
Sailplane towed by reindeer - Web Page cover at CISS Newill Soaring 2 November 28th 09 10:37 PM
Free Instrument Charts Links Page Bob Simulators 0 September 22nd 03 01:55 AM