Chevy LS2 and Trans??? any real issues besides weight

Old November 18th 05, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Chevy LS2 and Trans??? any real issues besides weight

Morgans wrote:
"Charles K. Scott" wrote

When I transcribed the article originally, I put the (sic) in at that
point to denote that "a" is incorrect grammar in that sentence.

What does the (sic) stand for? I have seen it, and understand what it is
trying to do, but never have heard what the root of the meaning is.

Always wondered. Thanks for making me look.
From UrbanDictionary.com:

Square brackets are most commonly used around the word 'sic' (from the
Latin 'sicut', meaning 'just as'), to explain the status of an apparent
mistake. Generally, sic means the foregoing mistake (or apparent
mistake) was made by the writer/speaker I am quoting; I am but the
faithful messenger; in fact I never get anything wrong myself.

And from reference.com:
When found in a French document, (sic) stands for "Sans Intention
Comique" (without comic intention) meaning that even if the preceding
text could be understood as funny, it was not meant to be (analogous to
"no pun intended" in English).
Old November 18th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

DANG! The seabee folks charge as much for their $6000 Chevy engine as
Lycoming does for their $3000 engine!

David M.

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

MrV wrote:

Hey guys i'm a new pilot that really wants to build his own craft. help
me with this one issue.

I want to use a chevy ls2 or ls7 as the power plant in my craft.

snip

the aircraft i want to design is a very cab foward design with a
pusher prop and the engine would be mounted approx mid craft.

i'm new at this and besides having an engineering background i really
have no exp building an aircraft so any opinions would be helpful

LS1/2/6/
http://www.v8seabee.com
http://www.seabee.info/seabee_engine_conversions.htm
http://www.republicseabee.com/Corvette_Power.html

They did all the legwork and I've seen publishied aritcles in the
aircraft magazines in regards to the Corvette engine conversions...

Old November 18th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Montblack" wrote

The signal is
"[sic]": square brackets for an interpolation, and the Latin word sic,
"thus, this way." (

Somehow, I figured you would be the ones (sic) to straighten me's (sic) out.
Thanks!
--
Jim in NC