New Year weight loss plans ???

Old December 31st 05, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default New Year weight loss plans ???

Sorry. Can't help ya.
I've always got something that I'd rather do, eating usually takes time away
from something more fun.... like drinking.
Or flying.

I'd suggest Jay's fruit diet if you haven't tried it. Makes sense to me.

If you go down to the Minneapolis or St. Paul Farmers Mkt or Produce
Terminal, you can buy fruit wholesale by the box and save tons of money.
Not the fashionable faux farmers market where individuals truck their
produce in only on the weekends, but the Produce terminal where food
services and chain stores buy. You can get produce and fruit from all over
the country and even imports. We get fruit for our employees each Christmas
from the Chicago Market. We mixed up Grapefruit, oranges, 3 kinds of
apples, 2 kinds of pears, plus a few other things. Average box of any of
the previous will cost you less than $20 for 40-50 lbs. PLUS you can get
the premium sizes... non of those microscopic oranges or apples, the lower
the count number the larger the size.

I'm not familiar with the Minneapolis/St. Paul markets, we don't ship much
in that direction, but be warned... if they are like most terminal markets
they may open around 4am and be closed by noon, so get there early. Most
companies on the markets are happy to deal with individual customers in
small amounts, a large part of their business can be with small restaurants
who buy daily so they are used to putting together custom orders, just be
willing to buy full boxes of each product.

Jim

"Montblack" wrote in message
(Necessary Aviation Content: Weight)
(Necessary Aviation Content - Part Deux: Piper entrance and egress)

Anyone looking to shed 'a few' pounds this year? If you've succeeded it in
the past, want to share your story?

Montblack
If food is my cocaine, I'm the Darryl Strawberry of weight loss plans.
(Mmm... strawberries)

Old December 31st 05, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

i agree with above comments about walking. don't commit yourself to
working out at the gym with weights or cardio 2-5 days a week for two
hours. if you haven't done it yet you're not going to, or if it's not
your thing you'll lose interest fast.

think about your day to day living instead, and working activity into
it.

buy some cloth grocery bags and start walking to the store or small
markets, or for regular errands. start biking to work. get a rack and
small trunk bag (google it), for your bike and use it for small errands
around town. you'd be surprised at how much quicker you can actually
get things done than driving from parking lot to parking lot.
(there's lots of logistics on how to use bikes for regular commuting
and errands on bikeforums.net)

if you do want to do cardio or weights at a gym don't join bally's or
24 hr fitness. generally large gyms want lots of money up front, and
their so big it's a pain to do what you want quickly and efficiently,
plus you probably don't need day care and smoothie bars.

instead find a small gym CLOSE to your house. even if it's a small gym
as long as it has some free weights and cardio machines your all set.
the closer it is to your house the more you'll go to it. the gym i go
to is $30 a month, and has all different kinds (and shapes) of people.
don't worry about what people think. most gym people respect anyone
there trying to better their physical health.

for HOME setup you can buy a set of 15, 20 and 25 pound weights and an
incline/decline bench for under $100. you can do all upper body
exercises with this equip, and won't take up much space.

check out the web site www.bodyforlife.com -- it's a good way to get
started, and pretty straightforward, with little videos of the correct
way to do exercises, and plenty of good recipes too.

also eat the obvious good stuff, and not junk. eat small meals
throughout the day (every 3-4 hours) rather than big meals. this keeps
your hunger down and your metabolism up.

just my personal experience -- i hope this helps! all the best

Old December 31st 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

oh and my personal diet plan for eating out is called "Sauce on the
Side" (hey that'd be great book title)

order everything, chicken, salads, burgers, whatever without sauce or
dressing, and have it on the side so you allot how much you put on.

and whatever you get at applebeesTGIFfridaysrubytuesdaysshenanigins,
cut it in half and take it home.

i personally believe portion control (moderation), and daily activity
is just as important, if not MORE important the WHAT you eat.

Old January 1st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"james" wrote in message
oups.com...
oh and my personal diet plan for eating out is called "Sauce on the
Side" (hey that'd be great book title)

order everything, chicken, salads, burgers, whatever without sauce or
dressing, and have it on the side so you allot how much you put on.

and whatever you get at applebeesTGIFfridaysrubytuesdaysshenanigins,
cut it in half and take it home.

i personally believe portion control (moderation), and daily activity
is just as important, if not MORE important the WHAT you eat.

james,

You are absolutely correct on your last point.

My Mrs. shed 40 pounds via Weight Watchers and this is exactly how it works.
You can eat anything you want but everything has a points value to it and
you get X points per day. When you hit your total, you're done...

Want the chocolate cake? No problem, but it's all yer gonna get today so if
you want full meals, you start to learn where you can save points and still
get full.

Works really well.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
AZ Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ

Old January 1st 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

buy some cloth grocery bags and start walking to the store or small
markets, or for regular errands. start biking to work. get a rack
and small trunk bag (google it), for your bike and use it for small
errands around town. you'd be surprised at how much quicker you can
actually get things done than driving from parking lot to parking lot.
(there's lots of logistics on how to use bikes for regular commuting
and errands on bikeforums.net)

The wife and I ride bikes to the store whenever possible unless what we're
getting is too big to carry (the closest is 5 miles away). We seem to be
the only ones around who do it; it's sad. It's also a shame bikes weren't
considered here when the roads were built (or when drivers were taught for
that matter).

Since we both ride, one of us waits outside with the bikes while the other
shops. We can carry considerable groceries in 2 backpacks.

I have no doubt we'd weigh 50 more pounds than we do otherwise, as we eat
pretty much whatever we want.

As a result, we can both fly in a 150 with full fuel! We even have
folding bikes for the plane.

I think Jay said he was going to start doing this too. I wonder how that
went?

Old January 1st 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
(Necessary Aviation Content: Weight)
(Necessary Aviation Content - Part Deux: Piper entrance and egress)

Anyone looking to shed 'a few' pounds this year? If you've succeeded it
in the past, want to share your story?

Montblack
If food is my cocaine, I'm the Darryl Strawberry of weight loss plans.
(Mmm... strawberries)

The quickest weight loss program is Suture Systems® where the motto
is "hey, you really only need one lung and no one knows what the spleen
is for anway."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old January 1st 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Weight Loss Success in 2005..

I stopped eating at the free company chow hall...

and bring my lunch... light soup, crackers and fruit cup for desert..

From last April to November... down about 20 pounds (US), 3 inches off the
waist, BP is down, as is the borderline high blood sugar... I see my doc
again in a couple of months... first time he'll see the results..

BT

Old January 1st 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

markets, or for regular errands. start biking to work. get a rack and
small trunk bag (google it), for your bike and use it for small errands
around town. you'd be surprised at how much quicker you can actually

It's 15 miles one way of inner city traffic and interstate... not a good
commute for biking..

Old January 1st 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
(Necessary Aviation Content: Weight)
(Necessary Aviation Content - Part Deux: Piper entrance and egress)

Anyone looking to shed 'a few' pounds this year? If you've succeeded it
in the past, want to share your story?

Montblack
If food is my cocaine, I'm the Darryl Strawberry of weight loss plans.
(Mmm... strawberries)

Starting in August 2001, I went from 230 to 190, 40 lbs in 14 months by
eating less and exercising more. I didn't keep it off, I started eating
too much again.

--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.
Old January 1st 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:57:42 -0600, "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired"
wrote:
The quickest weight loss program is Suture Systems® where the motto
is "hey, you really only need one lung and no one knows what the spleen
is for anway."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

You remind me of a "greeting" card I saw years ago. On the front it
asked, "Like to lose 20 ugly pounds?"

Inside, it said, "Cut off your head!"

vince norris