Looking for a 350x135 wheel

Old July 20th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default Looking for a 350x135 wheel

Looking for a 350 x 135 wheel from a Blanik or Jantar or ? a Good one, or
even a broken or damaged is OK as long as it's a complete wheel (no brakes
or brake hub is needed). This is needed so we can try to get new cheaper
replacement tires made for these gliders. If anyone has one lying around let
me know
thanks
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

Old July 21st 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wladkummer76

On Jul 20, 5:22*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
Looking for a 350 x 135 wheel from a Blanik or Jantar or ? a Good one, or
even a broken or damaged is OK as long as it's a complete wheel (no brakes
or brake hub is needed). This is needed so we can try to get new cheaper
replacement tires made for these gliders. If anyone has one lying around let
me know
thanks
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

Here in Brazil we all use Goodyear 500x5 tires and tubes in our
Jantars and Blaniks, not an issue so far...
Old July 21st 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

using a 500-5 tire on a Blanik or any glider that was originally certifed
with the 350-135 tire isn't legal here and would require a field approval
since the tire is called out in the equipment list and specified in the
original certification data.. The 500-5 tire is also a smaller outside
diameter and narrower than the original 350-135 so the smaller tire may fit
but it isn't proper.
tim

Wheel pants Bob F.[_2_] Piloting 14 September 16th 08 06:56 PM
Landing on one wheel Ol Shy & Bashful Piloting 23 March 19th 08 12:16 AM
THE WHEEL Grantland Military Aviation 0 August 5th 04 07:24 PM
Wheel pants for 6.00 x 6 wheel/tire Wallace Berry Home Built 2 January 23rd 04 04:22 AM
Another body in a wheel well..... John Gaquin Piloting 13 January 2nd 04 09:16 PM