Fudpucker World Airlines

Old April 14th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default Fudpucker World Airlines

I'm looking for the artwork to make Fudpucker World Airlines (Pulaski TN,
Serving The World Since It Was Square) business cards.

I've googled two sites, one on infininet from ~cuban8 and another one on an
ohio net ~cuban8 and both of them seem dead. infinet gives me a "server not
found" and the ohio site gives me a "you don't have persimmon to log on".

Anybody got either a good link or the artwork itself?

Jim

Old April 15th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

RST Engineering wrote:
I've googled two sites, one on infininet from ~cuban8 and another
one on an ohio net ~cuban8 and both of them seem dead. infinet gives
me a "server not found" and the ohio site gives me a "you don't have
persimmon to log on".

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

It didn't catch everything, and it's slow, especially during US "prime
time". But it remembers. I found both the infinet and ohio links on
other pages and punched them into archive.org; both sites give you at
least the "Fudpucker Airlines" script, which might be enough.

If you're making the cards for your own personal entertainment, probably
nobody will care, but if you're going to make (and sell) business cards
and T-shirts and hula hoops and dancing girls, you might want to contact
the original authors for some kind of permission.

Matt Roberds

Old April 15th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

See if Trade-A-Plane can supply you some artwork. The
copyright has probably expired, but they may not be able to
let you use it until you get permission. I know they ran
ads for the T-shirts and such.

Old April 15th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

wrote in message
news
RST Engineering wrote:
I've googled two sites, one on infininet from ~cuban8 and another
one on an ohio net ~cuban8 and both of them seem dead. infinet gives
me a "server not found" and the ohio site gives me a "you don't have
persimmon to log on".

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Sorry, I find nothing there. Could you be a little more specific? They are
for my own personal use; I'm taking the torch from Sacramento to New York
tonight and wanted to play a little fun and games with the crew.

Jim

Old April 15th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

RST Engineering wrote:
wrote in message
news
RST Engineering wrote:
I've googled two sites, one on infininet from ~cuban8 and another
one on an ohio net ~cuban8 and both of them seem dead.

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Sorry, I find nothing there.

From the left side of that page:

---
About the Wayback Machine

Browse through 85 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months
ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or
page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from
the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other
archived pages at as close a date as possible.
---

Could you be a little more specific?

0. Find outdated broken link by the usual means (Google, etc.), such as
http://some-old-domain.example.com/stuff.html . Copy this link.

b. Go to http://www.archive.org/web/web.php . Find the text box that
is pre-filled with "http://". Clean out that text and paste in the
link you found in step 0.

II. Click on the "Take Me Back" button immediately to the right of the
text box you used in step b.

11. You should see a list of dates when the site in question
( http://some-old-domain.example.com/stuff.html ) was copied to
the archive.org servers. Click on one of the dates.

04. You should see the web page as it was on the date you selected.
archive.org almost always gets the HTML. Images and other file
types are spottier but usually work.

0x5. archive.org rewrites the links, so if you click on a link in the
initial archived web page, you will get the archived version of
the new page as well.

Note that some pages use white or light text and depend on having dark
background images that sometimes don't load; if there are vast areas of
nothing where it looks like there should be text, try selecting the
suspected text to make it visible.

Also note that the archive.org servers can be very busy, especially
during US "prime time". Sometimes you'll get just the archived HTML
with no or a few images, but if you come back later, most of the images
will load. Or sometimes when you click on a date it will say "Not
found", but if you try again later, it works.

Matt Roberds

Old April 15th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Jim Burns" wrote:

http://zippogallery.com/images/Fudpucker1979.jpg

Now you have to tell us how you arrived at that destination! :-)
Old April 15th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

VFR
Jim