The Challenge My F-4

Old August 3rd 07, 01:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

Default The Challenge My F-4

This is a photo of an F-4 fully decked out I took with slide film back
in the early 1970's at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. The same day this
picture was taken the Thuderbirds flew their act with F-4's, boy was
that impressive, much more so than the t-38's or the f-16's. My dad was
a B-29 and B-36 pilot and I grew up right outside of Loring Air Force
Base Maine so I guess that is where by love for planes comes from.

--
Our website is http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F4-3.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	15483
Old August 3rd 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
K Horner

The big fighters they used F-105's and F-4's were definitely more impressive
that the later T-38's (a move to which was because of fuel issues in the
'70s). But the F-16 are, I must admit more manuverable. The F-16's show
more grace, but the older birds displayed shear power. Not only in the
aircraft themselves, but in what it took for the pilots to fly them.
Horsing an F-105 or F-4 around the sky is just plain brutal work compared to
the lighter T-38 or, the F-16 with it's suuperior flight control system.

Old August 4th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

K Horner wrote:
[...]

I think you may have meant the F-100's. I remember seeing the
Thunderbirds fly F-100 Super Sabers one time when they came to Loring
when I was a kid during the 60's.

Jim

--
Our website is http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7
Old August 4th 07, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

James R. Jones wrote:
K Horner wrote:
[...]

Ooooops F105 is also correct. I see now that the Thuderbirds did fly the
105's for a brief period between the f-100's and the F-4's. Please
accept my red faced apologies.

Jim

--
Our website is http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7