Alternative O-290 cylinders

Old June 19th 04, 07:23 AM
Gene Z. Ragan

Default Alternative O-290 cylinders

Hi,

I am wondering if V0-435 cylinders can be used as replacements for the
original 0-290 jugs.
This is for non-certified use. I have also heard of an O-320 cylinder
modification. If anyone could give me some advice, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks!

Gene
Old June 19th 04, 11:01 AM
jls

"Gene Z. Ragan" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I am wondering if V0-435 cylinders can be used as replacements for the
original 0-290 jugs.
This is for non-certified use. I have also heard of an O-320 cylinder
modification. If anyone could give me some advice, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks!

Gene

Go O-320 cylinders. There are shops who will modify your case for you.

Old June 19th 04, 05:09 PM
jls

"Gene Z. Ragan" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I am wondering if V0-435 cylinders can be used as replacements for the
original 0-290 jugs.
This is for non-certified use. I have also heard of an O-320 cylinder
modification. If anyone could give me some advice, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks!

Gene

Here's something you may be interested in. I don't know him but you could
ask around the airport at Lakeland:

----

I'm a buyer and seller of Aircraft Engines and Parts for experimental,
homebuilt, and Airboats. I may have what you need as far as cases, cranks,
rods, cylinders, carbs, ect. Or you may have parts that interest me.

We also do machine work on O-290 cases to bore cylinder holes out for the
O-320 cylinders. Cylinder valve jobs are also done.

Send me a list of parts you have for sale or your needs. Catching by email
is probably faster.

----

Gary Barber

Lakeland, Florida