SAR crew out to lunch

Old October 19th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Andrew Chaplin

Default SAR crew out to lunch

I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Two days later, another crew used their Cormorant to trim trees.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...017?hub=Canada
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cormorant.jpg (15.5 KB, 40 views)
Old October 19th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in
:

I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Two days later, another crew used their Cormorant to trim trees.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...7/military_hel
icopter_081017/20081017?hub=Canada

Looks more like a potty break.

Old October 19th 08, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Scubabix

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Two days later, another crew used their Cormorant to trim trees.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...017?hub=Canada
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

It may be discovered the crews require landing in "unprepared" locations as
a part of their qualification process. With that in mind, combining the
qual and lunch isn't that unusual. We used to fly into various locations
for a lot of reasons and take advantage of the locations to either eat at a
special location or buy cases of live lobster, go shopping etc. The flights
were required, why not get something extra too. Heaven knows our military
people get too few benefits for what they do for us all.

Rob

Old October 19th 08, 11:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Andrew Chaplin

"Scubabix" wrote in message

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Two days later, another crew used their Cormorant to trim trees.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...017?hub=Canada

It may be discovered the crews require landing in "unprepared" locations as
a part of their qualification process. With that in mind, combining the
qual and lunch isn't that unusual. We used to fly into various locations
for a lot of reasons and take advantage of the locations to either eat at a
special location or buy cases of live lobster, go shopping etc. The flights
were required, why not get something extra too. Heaven knows our military
people get too few benefits for what they do for us all.

The CF are over-reactive when it comes to public perception; as soon as
anything becomes fun and the public notices, they put the kibosh on it.

The Miramichi is, BTW, a great area for lobster, but the lobster fishery
generally works out of Escuminac about 40 kilometres south. And, if you ever
have a breakdown that leaves you stranded in the area, make sure you have your
fly rod, it's one of the better salmon rivers on the East Coast.
--
Andrew Chaplin
Whose marriage survived six years at CFB Chatham on the Miramichi

Old October 20th 08, 09:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bob

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:20:42 -0400, "Andrew Chaplin"
wrote:

I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

"Everybody remember where we parked!" I hope they left somebody
behind to keep an eye on the car.

Then again, Heaven forbid SAR crews should get some practice landing
in more natural settings, seeing as hikers usually only get lost near
helipads...

Two days later, another crew used their Cormorant to trim trees.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...017?hub=Canada

Have you priced tree trimming services lately...? ;^)
Old October 20th 08, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Rudy

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Nawww, they were just practicing a "pizza rescue"

Old October 21st 08, 02:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill & Ange

Back in the late 70's early 80's, if you were within territorial waters on
the East Coast (Halifax area) the Junior Ranks mess at CFB Stadacona would
send take-out to order pizza to HMCS ships via Sea King helicopter if an
aircraft was available. Apparently this was normal.

-----------------
-----------------
Old October 21st 08, 07:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Billzz

"Bill & Ange" wrote in message
Back in the late 70's early 80's, if you were within territorial waters on
the East Coast (Halifax area) the Junior Ranks mess at CFB Stadacona would
send take-out to order pizza to HMCS ships via Sea King helicopter if an
aircraft was available. Apparently this was normal.

I thought that all these stories were normal. In the Mekong Delta, the US
Army delivered our supplies by Caribou. When the US Army was forced to turn
over all fixed-wing to the USAF, a USAF colonel came down and told me that
our dirt strip was "unsafe" for the very same Caribou that the army could
fly, but the USAF could not. I said, "Well, there is a war going on,"
which really ****ed him off, because I insulted his masculinity, of which he
had none. So the Special Forces, which shared the camp, made some deal with
the Royal Australian Air Force, which then flew the exact same model of
Caribou (except it had a kangaroo on the tail) and they said that not only
would they deliver our stuff they would add a pallet (some four feet by four
feet) of beer! But we had to trade some AK-47s, of which every bunk had
several stashed for trading . The bad news is that they would not part with
Foster's or even Molsons, but they would dump the US Budweiser, which they
would not drink anyway, but we were desparate. On one trip they even asked
if they could park the plane and go out on an operation with us! They
wanted even more AK-47s. The Caribou, with its large tail, stook out like
the biggest bulllseye in the delta, and we converged several companies of
Vietnamese soldiers on the runway to unload and get them turned around as
soon as possible. So I nixed that, but threw in some extra AK-47s, thinking
of the difference between the old army flyers, and the Aussies, and the
chicken-**** USAF. There. I've said it. It only took me forty years, from
1968 to 2008, to say what they actually were. They did not give a thought
(I almost said ****, but would be unseemly) about the people on the ground.
The USAF would have let us starve. Anyway, in some later years, I learned
about a shooting, in OZ, and it was an automatic weapon, and I thought about
the ones we sent. We were all officers and gentlemen, or NCOs and also
professionals, and I thought no harm could come from it. The weapons would
not get loose. Maybe I was wrong. I wouldn't do that again today, but
those were some different days. ****. (There's that word again.) We even
smoked cigarettes.

"Rudy" wrote in message

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
I wonder if someone is going to stomp on them for this.
http://miramichileader.canadaeast.co...article/448129

Nawww, they were just practicing a "pizza rescue"

Pre-Lunch checklists 01-- Zero One Soaring 9 January 28th 06 10:38 PM
Whats for Lunch? culverflyer Soaring 16 January 9th 05 10:31 PM
Lunch around Las Vegas Al Gilson Piloting 9 December 29th 04 01:27 AM
Lunch Dave Naval Aviation 4 September 20th 04 09:46 PM
Dinner vs. Lunch Robert Moore Naval Aviation 2 August 11th 03 06:20 PM