A Wake Up Call From Luke AFB

Old July 9th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default A Wake Up Call From Luke AFB

In a previous article, "Gatt" said:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message
et...

I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

LOL!

A friend of mine still carries the burn scars he got on the Forrestall.
Are you going to tell me he isn't a Vietnam veteran?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
If killing them all to a man is not an option then you are better off to
Old July 10th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_2_]

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Gatt" said:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...

I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

LOL!

A friend of mine still carries the burn scars he got on the Forrestall.
Are you going to tell me he isn't a Vietnam veteran?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
If killing them all to a man is not an option then you are better off to
simply leave them to slowly self destruct under their own incompetance.
-- Dag

I believe most of the POW's were Navy. Ground pounders included
Corpsmen(sp?) and Seals. Wasn't it P3's that mined Haiphong Harbor(sp?). As
an ECM operator I...Nevermind, I'd have to kill you.

Al G (Ex Navy)

Old July 10th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Gatt" said:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...

I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

LOL!

A friend of mine still carries the burn scars he got on the Forrestall.
Are you going to tell me he isn't a Vietnam veteran?

There's an A-7 from the Forrestall at Tillamook Air Museum.

Perhaps you missed my "Uh oh...here comes the Corpsman!" part. (Corpsmen
were Navy medical personnel attached with Marine units, so it follows that
if I say "Here comes the Corpsman" the idea a soldier can be Navy and
Vietnam vet is rather implied.)

-c
Not to mention Skyhawk driver and ex-POW John McCain.

Old July 10th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
t...
I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

Um, no.

Vaughn

Old July 10th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
150flivver

On Jul 9, 6:19 pm, "Gatt" wrote:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

In a previous article, "Gatt" said:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...

I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

LOL!

A friend of mine still carries the burn scars he got on the Forrestall.
Are you going to tell me he isn't a Vietnam veteran?

There's an A-7 from the Forrestall at Tillamook Air Museum.

Perhaps you missed my "Uh oh...here comes the Corpsman!" part. (Corpsmen
were Navy medical personnel attached with Marine units, so it follows that
if I say "Here comes the Corpsman" the idea a soldier can be Navy and
Vietnam vet is rather implied.)

-c
Not to mention Skyhawk driver and ex-POW John McCain.

Lots of naval personnel manned riverboats doing patrol in the delta
(even John Kerry).

Old July 10th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
t...
I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

Um, no.

Vaughn

How about that statement that one above that you snipped?

I had no idea of the significance of the flyby, and would never have
insulted such a fine and respectful display had I known.

--
-------------------------------
Travis

Old July 10th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Al G posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
t...
Recently, Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)
posted:

According to Snopes.com, this incident was in 2005.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp

There was another letter that continued this topic.

To his credit, the complainant, Mr. MacRae, tendered a written
apology which was published in The Republic on 9 July:

[...]
I had no idea of the significance of the flyby, and would never have
insulted such a fine and respectful display had I known.

[...]
I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

No, why?

I find it difficult to understand that a Vietnam Vet would not know the
significance of a formation flyby, regardless of whether they knew of a
specific reason for it.

Neil

Old July 10th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Vaughn Simon posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
t...
I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

Um, no.

That is only one of the two statements. See my original post, please.

Neil

Old July 10th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Clark posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in
news:5swki.21165$RX.2146 @newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

Recently, Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)
posted:

According to Snopes.com, this incident was in 2005.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp

There was another letter that continued this topic.

To his credit, the complainant, Mr. MacRae, tendered a written
apology which was published in The Republic on 9 July:

[...]
I had no idea of the significance of the flyby, and would never have
insulted such a fine and respectful display had I known.

[...]
I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

Not at all. My first real world boss was Navy and a Vietnam vet. I
won't type what I'm thinking about your nature, but it isn't good.

The "two statements" imply that a military vet wouldn't understand the
significance of a formation flyby. Is that a reason to have bad thoughts
about my nature? If so, please do type it for my enlightenment.

Neil

Old July 10th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Gatt" said:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...

I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.

Anyone else have trouble reconciling these two statements?

LOL!

A friend of mine still carries the burn scars he got on the Forrestall.
Are you going to tell me he isn't a Vietnam veteran?

Not to mention all the A-4 drivers....