Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 1st 09, 08:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

In article ,
says...
Dave Doe writes:

He's a pilot.

For which airline?

Does it matter? Maybe no airline, he's still a pilot.

--
Duncan
Old March 1st 09, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

Does it matter? Maybe no airline, he's still a pilot.

It matters a lot, since airline pilots are worlds different from mere private
pilots. It's the difference between someone trained in CPR and a
neurosurgeon.
Old March 1st 09, 09:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Varactor

On Mar 1, 5:53*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Varactor writes:
Ohhh sure that's a reliable evaluation. What did they say: "perfect
simulation of the G1000"

No.

So its not accurate then is it...

LOL
Old March 1st 09, 10:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Mar 1, 2:26*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Mike Ash writes:
Never, ever said it was. All I ever said was that there is a time limit..

There's always a time limit. *But it will typically be extremely generous
compared to the time required to find a qualified instructor.

They need to be in a position where they can be found and called in,
with enough time left over to find an identical airplane (or equivalent
simulator) and talk the guy down.

Unless they live at the North Pole, it shouldn't take too long.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But it is a challenge and it has not
been demonstrated that it can be reliably overcome.

Just getting a large number of airplanes to land safely in poor weather
conditions is a substantial challenge, but air traffic controllers meet that
challenge daily. *The mere fact that it might seem insurmountably difficult to
you doesn't mean that it would be difficult for others.

I've never said that it's impossible, merely that it has not been
demonstrated to be possible ...

Since it has not been demonstrated, asserting that it is difficult has no
greater empirical basis than asserting that it is easy, at best.

... and the gleeful self-assurance demonstrated by both yourself
and the author of the article in question are therefore not backed up by
reality.

Neither is it invalidated by reality.

MX wrote

Just getting a large number of airplanes to land safely in poor weather
conditions is a substantial challenge, but air traffic controllers meet that
challenge daily. The mere fact that it might seem insurmountably difficult to
you doesn't mean that it would be difficult for others.

I would point out controllers get a large number of airplanes to land
safely. All they do is provide seperation so the pilots can land the
airplanes safely.
Old March 1st 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Mar 1, 4:11*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Dave Doe writes:
Does it matter? *Maybe no airline, he's still a pilot.

It matters a lot, since airline pilots are worlds different from mere private
pilots. *It's the difference between someone trained in CPR and a
neurosurgeon.

That is really funny. "I, having simulated being a neurosurgeon, am
more qualified than you, having been trained in CPR, to work on this
person whose heart has stopped beating."

See the difference?
Old March 1st 09, 10:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Varactor writes:

So its not accurate then is it...

No, it's not. Fortunately, I'm not interested in the G1000.

Old March 1st 09, 10:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

a writes:

I would point out controllers get a large number of airplanes to land
safely. All they do is provide seperation so the pilots can land the
airplanes safely.

Before they did that, some pilots never got the opportunity to land.

Seventy years ago, just flying into clouds could spell the end of a commercial
flight.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM