LAK-12 Fit and Parts

Old July 22nd 05, 12:02 AM
WDM

Default LAK-12 Fit and Parts

Several Questions:
I am looking for feedback size of the 12s cockpit. I hear that pilots
5'10" tp 5"11 fit OK with the seatback at the aft position. For
taller pilots, can the seatback be removed and is it practical or
comfortable?
Anyone out there flying with the seatback removed. If so, how tall
are you and are you comfortable doing so?

Any comments on parts availability for the 12? Are the folks in
Lithuania responsive at all or are they just focused on the 17 & 19
ignoring the 12?

Thanks,
Wells

wd morse @ earthlink .net
Old July 22nd 05, 06:48 AM

I am 5'11 and fly with the seat in the rearmost position - not for the
leg space but because I am at the max weight limit and the nose ends up
on the ground when I land. The pedals still have three notches in front
of the position that I fly with. I don't want to remove the backrest
because the headrest is part of it and my mic is also attached to the
side of the headrest.

LAK have been very resposive for documentation that I have needed for
my '12 but I have not needed parts yet.

Clinton
LAK 12

Old July 25th 05, 06:44 AM

Plenty of head room. Also lots of shoulder room compared to the ASW 19
and 20 that I also fly. It is a very comfortable glider and I have had
a few 4 hour flights in her. Looking forward to a 500km attempt when
the Southern Hemisphere season starts in the next couple of months.
Also lots of space for snacks and water in the cockpit.

Clinton
Lak 12