I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Old December 6th 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

I have been following this discussion I lost friends to Rotorways,
Cessnas, Pipers, Harleys, Hondas, Horses and a hand gun. I do not hate
the creators of any of these products and I know people that have bad
things to say about all of them. But I have never seen the attack on
an individual or product as I have seen here. I am a fixed wing pilot.
I have taken discovey flights in Robinson Helicopters and have
considered purchasing a kit rotorcraft. When I was younger my parents
told me the Scorpion was nothing but a death trap. I have done much
research on other kits and wanted to follow this thread as I am
grateful for people who take the chance to design and build products I
hope to one day afford. I only know about the Mini500 from what I read
in flying magazines and you guys must exist in different universes. I
do not have the knowledge to remark on the Mini500, but I was hoping to
get more from this than a hate fest.

Old December 6th 05, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I can't picture you going out and getting one of them minis that's for
sale in Ebay from time to time and fly them after reading all this?

Old December 6th 05, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

This makes no sense at all. Exactly what did the mini-500 design do to
hobble the engine? If the designs are essentially the same, then the
engine isn't going to know the difference. If the performance really
was dramatically different, then SOMETHING had to be dramatically
different between the designs. And saying that one was overseen by one

person and one by a different person, isn't a design difference.

See my response to Richard Riley above.

Old December 6th 05, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I believe he also had problems with gyro people on the Air Command
gyros also.

Old December 6th 05, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Flyingmonk wrote:
I'll qualiy my earlier statements:
http://tinypic.com/i6z390.jpg

Same engine, same design, MUCH better manufacture MUCH better
performance. The mini500 is a copy of this design (Mr. Cicarre' CH7)
w/ a miniature MD500 body on it and different skids, but everything
else was the same with exception that the Mini was manufactured and
overseen BY Fetters. Where Mr. Cicarre actually knew what he was
doing. If you look at the above picture, you can see that the chopper
is capable with that engine.

http://www.mini500.com/bwb17.jpg

Most accidents involved a rollover. Notice the difference in rotor
height between the two... Lots of Mini's removed their own tails in the
accidents (snapping sound)... Looks to be a cold day in that CH7 photo,
wonder want the altitude was? The story behind the Mini link above was
that it could barely manage a hover in Las Vegas on an apparently cool
day...
Old December 6th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Matt Whiting wrote:

This makes no sense at all. Exactly what did the mini-500 design do to
hobble the engine? If the designs are essentially the same, then the
engine isn't going to know the difference. If the performance really
was dramatically different, then SOMETHING had to be dramatically
different between the designs. And saying that one was overseen by one
person and one by a different person, isn't a design difference.

Gearing ratio of the transmission? Put the engine into more of a cruise
range instead of WOT...
Old December 6th 05, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

RKey wrote:
[...]

http://www.mini500.com/oldmini/mini.html

List of problems, list of serial numbers and their history.... None of
this stuff is up to date though, but gives an idea of what the builders
experienced...
Old December 6th 05, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,brasil.unix

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:44:17 GMT, Dennis Fetters
wrote:

OK, first you get a mini500 and... Oh never mind.

I'm amazed at all the guys who beat on Denis's head.
hasnt anyone realised that there is a sizeable market awaiting the
first person who designs a successful helicopter in this size range
and cost. half the problem in new markets is working out a niche
opportunity that will make money.
here sitting on a plate is an unanswered niche opportunity.
design a mini500 from scratch that has none of the original's faults
and a sizeable market surely exists.
ok dont design a mini500, design a mini jetranger, that should sort
out all the copyright issues.

Stealth Pilot

Old December 6th 05, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,brasil.unix

The Helicycle looks like a pretty good mini Jetranger to me.

Old December 6th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Crosspost to brasil.unix deleted.

RKey wrote:
The Helicycle looks like a pretty good mini Jetranger to me.

Designer crashed demoing it and then later died in another crash...

Seems like a waste as just a single seat...