We Are All Spaniards

Old April 6th 04, 05:47 PM
S Green

"pacplyer" wrote in message
om...
"S Green" wrote

"All we can do is take out a few of the biggest offenders."

You mean we take out those where we can steal their oil or other assets

and
leave the worst offenders who would crush us if we tried it in their
country.

What dumb comments! We import 80% of all our oil from Saudi Arabia.
Iraq is not producing squat. It is not even a drop in the bucket.
The war is costing us hundreds of Billions. There are no "assets"
worth that much that we could have stolen. We invaded Iraq because
they were menacing and disruptive to the region. Now if their tyranny
had spread out of Iraq into the real oilfields then our economy would
be jeopardized.

One rule for Iraq, another for China. Iraq with no WMD, China full of

them
and both with human rights abuses.

Apples and Oranges. I've been going to mainland China since 87'.
It's clear to me you've never been there. They are one of the U.S.'s
biggest trading partners. We get along fine with them as long as they
stay away from Taiwan. Since you obviously don't read the papers you
wouldn't know that we parked two aircraft carriers in the Formosa
Straight to prevent them from abusing the people of Formosa. China is
massively over populated. Years ago the Chinese gov issued a law that
all female babies must be killed. If they hadn't done that massive
famine would surely have followed. As it is now they have over 2
billion people in poverty over there right now. Human rights concepts
have been seeded by the British in Hong Kong and western style
business is succeeding in Scezen and Shanghai and other places. It's
slow but they are making progress, where old Sadamizer in Baghdad was
regressing. So we clobbered him again because he was asking for it.
Suddenly Libya got real friendly. Can you figure out why Momar Kadafi
has renounced terrorism Mr.Green?

The fact is China would whip the ass of the US if it tried to do

anything.
You guys are so one eyed

Naw, we use both eyes. You see, even you'd be pushing up daisies
where you live after a full China/US thermonuclear exchange. Ever
hear of Nuclear Winter? I have a suggestion for you Green: Try going
to college instead of just parroting headlines. You'll learn a lot
more.

pacplyer - out

You just proved my point - thanks

Old April 6th 04, 05:51 PM
S Green

"Alex" wrote in message
om...
"S Green" wrote
"All we can do is take out a few of the biggest offenders."

You mean we take out those where we can steal their oil or other assets

and
leave the worst offenders who would crush us if we tried it in their
country.

One rule for Iraq, another for China. Iraq with no WMD, China full of

them
and both with human rights abuses.

The fact is China would whip the ass of the US if it tried to do

anything.
You guys are so one eyed

Well, I don't blame the US for not going into China. But I still
haven't seen a credible justification for invading Iraq. Hussein was
not a threat to the US (inspectors were not finding WMD and the Scuds
couldn't reach the US), when he gased his people the US did not send
troops, even oil doesn't seem to be the cause (apparently the cost of
war is greater than oil revenues even if the production was up to
100%, which it is not)... The rush to invade in spite of UN wanting to
wait makes me wonder. What would have happened to the reconstrucion
contracts if the UN invaded Irak instead of the US? I'm asking out of
ignorance, I'm not trying to prove this was the real cause. It's just
a question, ok?

Well Bush has not brought much stability to Iraq so far. Now he's in he
cannot get out. Before any other countries are going to go in and help, he
is going to have to admit that he has ****ed it up.
I am sure the French and others will only be too pleased to bail him out
then.

Old April 7th 04, 03:46 PM
Jay Honeck

Doug: you are a despicable asshole.

With a sense of humor.

Wow -- THIS thread is still alive? This may be a new record! I'd
forgotten all about it...

(Of course, I'm not sure the tone of this series of posts counts as
"life"... ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 7th 04, 03:55 PM
Jay Honeck

Get off your horse, Jay! In most places, if you work hard, you
succeed.

Interesting. I see people working 80 hour weeks all over the world, just
like me -- except they are living in huts and drinking filthy water from
open sewers.

Why aren't they succeeding? Is it their Karma? Their destiny? Their
breath?

Or is it, just maybe, the structure of their government and society?

I don't think you can say the US is the envy of the world.
Maybe Canada. But definetely not the US!

Check out the applications for visas some day, my friend. I don't see lines
forming to get into Argentina.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 8th 04, 01:40 AM
Tom Sixkiller

I don't think you can say the US is the envy of the world.
Maybe Canada. But definetely not the US!

Canada has roughly the same population as the black/negro/African-American
population in the US (about 38 million) and they have virtually the same
GNP/net worth.

Canada is doing as good as America's "underclass".

We have to put of guard towers around our borders to keep people OUT.

Yeah...the envy is that apparent.

Old April 12th 04, 08:45 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Get off your horse, Jay! In most places, if you work hard, you
succeed.

Interesting. I see people working 80 hour weeks all over the world, just
like me -- except they are living in huts and drinking filthy water from
open sewers.
Why aren't they succeeding? Is it their Karma? Their destiny? Their
breath?

So, you say that because there are places where hard work won't get
you a decent living standard, the obvious conclusion is that the US is
the only place that happens? Do you know there are actually other
countries besides the US and Somalia? I didn't say "everywhere"; I
said "in most places".

I don't think you can say the US is the envy of the world.
Maybe Canada. But definetely not the US!

Check out the applications for visas some day, my friend. I don't see lines
forming to get into Argentina.

So, your point is...?
Old April 12th 04, 08:48 PM
Alex

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote:
We have to put of guard towers around our borders to keep people OUT.
Yeah...the envy is that apparent.

Mexico is not "the world", you meant in "the US is the envy of the
world".
I live in a much poorer country than Mexico, and I know very few
people who would like to live in the US. Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.
Old April 12th 04, 09:03 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:rvUcc.210901$Cb.1815024@attbi_s51...
Doug: you are a despicable asshole.

With a sense of humor.

Wow -- THIS thread is still alive? This may be a new record! I'd
forgotten all about it...

(Of course, I'm not sure the tone of this series of posts counts as
"life"... ;-)

I'm sorry, it's my fault. I promise I'll let this "zombie" rest in peace!
Over and out.
Old April 12th 04, 09:23 PM
Newps

Alex wrote:

Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Yeah, right.

Old April 13th 04, 12:30 AM
Bob Noel

In article GUCec.125100$JO3.82648@attbi_s04, Newps
wrote:

Alex wrote:

Most would rather be poor
down here, thank you.

Yeah, right.

A lot of people have great fondness for their native land.

--
Bob Noel