Cessna sued for skydiving accident.

Old December 2nd 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

Default Cessna sued for skydiving accident. OT rant...

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:05:16 -0800 (PST), Jay Honeck

wrote:

I've heard you say this before, Jose, but never understood it. In
your opinion, what merit was there in a woman winning a lawsuit
against McDonalds because she burned herself on hot coffee?

Did you see the extent of the burns? There is hot and there is EFFING

HOT!

Apparently they had the temperature cranked way above scalding levels.

Um, well, okay -- but isn't coffee *supposed* to be "effing hot"?

Mickey D's coffee caused third-degree burns. The argument was that was

*too*
effing hot.

I would be interested in knowing how much insulation the cup provided. If
it was paper then it couldn't have been to hot. If it was made of Shuttle
re-entry tiles then it probably was to hot.

Old December 2nd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Cessna sued for skydiving accident.

"kontiki" wrote

The reason there is a "slant" to a public education is that the
vast majority of teachers graduate from public schools, then
go to a college or university then go right into teaching. That
is inbreeding... pretty much the same way with politicians...
most have never had an actual real job in their life.

So teaching isn't a real job, huh? Another slap in the face to teachers.
Nice.

Come walk in my shoes for a week or two. You _will_ change your mind.

What job would you like an English teacher to get, anyway? Not much use for
people sitting around conjugating verbs, or diagraming sentence structrures.

The same thing could be said for at least half of what is taught in school.
Not much direct application to the real world. Anyway, much of learning is
learning how to learn. Specific application comes at the job site, in most
vocations.

I'm not gonna argue this beyond what I have just said because
those that believe in these systems will defend them forever.
Meanwhile, the US continues into its slow economic and cultural
decline. The current state of GA is but a symptom of this.

So teaching in the public schools is responsible (even indirectly) for the
decline in GA.

THAT is the biggest streach I believe I have ever seen on this newsgroup,
even from MX.

People like to shoot the messenger but its a fact.

People shoot messengers when they are full of sh*t, and so dense they don't
realize they are full of sh*t.

Sheesh!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 2nd 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Ah, I see Number One Son was signed into google on this computer.
Sorry about the confusion -- the opinions expressed here were mine,
not his!

Whew!!!

Thanks for clearing THAT up. I thought little green men had kidnapped Joe,
or something! g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 2nd 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:17:30 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

And the teachers that have been telling parents, for years now, to "Shut
up...we're the experts" hasan't had an effect?

My wife has kids that are up all night because the SWAT Team is
busting the parents for dealing.

She also has kids that have mothers with "friends" that come and go,
an hour at a time, in mom's bedroom.

She also has parents that exclaim "You're picking on the black man!"
when she tries to tell them their kid can't read well enough to pass
kindergarten, even though he's in second grade.

Oddly enough, her Indian, Pakastani, Middle Eastern, Mexican, and
Eastern European immigrant (Czech, Polish, Russian states...) parents
who take great interest, as well as get great improvement, with kids
who aren't pulling the sled.
Old December 2nd 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

B A R R Y wrote in
news
wrote:

And the teachers that have been telling parents, for years now, to "Shut
up...we're the experts" hasan't had an effect?

My wife has kids that are up all night because the SWAT Team is
busting the parents for dealing.

She also has kids that have mothers with "friends" that come and go,
an hour at a time, in mom's bedroom.

She also has parents that exclaim "You're picking on the black man!"
when she tries to tell them their kid can't read well enough to pass
kindergarten, even though he's in second grade.

Oddly enough, her Indian, Pakastani, Middle Eastern, Mexican, and
Eastern European immigrant (Czech, Polish, Russian states...) parents
who take great interest, as well as get great improvement, with kids
who aren't pulling the sled.

And your point?

Bertie
Old December 2nd 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:28:03 GMT, kontiki

The reason there is a "slant" to a public education is that the
vast majority of teachers graduate from public schools, then
go to a college or university then go right into teaching. That
is inbreeding... pretty much the same way with politicians...
most have never had an actual real job in their life.

My wife didn't do it that way.

She worked for a Fortune 50 corporation, then ran the office for her
parent's 180+ employee asbestos and lead abatement company, then
decided to teach elementary school. She took her first teaching job
@ 37.

Her elementary school coworkers include a couple who worked for an oil
company in Saudi Arabia for 20 years (first taught in their 50's), an
ex advertising sales executive (42, as a first year teacher), and a
former Comair pilot.
Old December 3rd 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote

Then grab your butt.

(I'll not wait for more of Morgan's adolesant alibis.)

You should really learn how to post, because most of what your post
attributed to Jay were my words.

You don't have to worry about me responding to you on the subject of
education.

Your views are not worth my consideration, as they are so biased, and
worthless.

You should really consider going back to school at your private school, so
you could learn to spell adolescent, too.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 3rd 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:58:46 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

And your point?

Bad parents have unteachable kids. The criminals I mentioned...

Parents who care, and are involved, have successful kids. The
successful immigrants...

I'll bet the same thing would have happened to you that would have
happened to me if we brought home an "F". Today, it's not like that.
Old December 3rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
BDS wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote

I don't think that is really the case. It does indeed take people
seeking
recovery to start the process. But I have never seen a lawyer get
involved
with a case in the interest of justice. They pick and choose who they
help
base on yeild, not justice.

Both the plaintiff and his or her lawyer share a portion of the blame, no
doubt. But the fact remains that none of it could take place without a
willing plaintiff no matter how many morally corrupt lawyers there are
out
there. I guess it shows how quickly many of us are willing to throw
everything we know about what is right and what is wrong out the window
if
the price is right.

BDS

I went through a long process where I gave the lawyer/plaintif equation a
lot of hard objective thought. In the end I came to the following
conclusion;
Although it's true that the plaintiff has to want the lawsuit, one has to
consider that in considering the plaintiff side of the equation, one has
the entire population to consider. It's reasonable to assume that within
that population there will be a considerable amount of potential
plaintiffs seeking unreasonable, trivial, and financially inspired
litigation.

Lawyers are, but their very nature of the job, persuasive. Do you think they
can't persuade some grieving or naive party that they have been "harmed" to
a proper extent?

Hell, look at the poverty pimps and similar ner-do-wells.

British Aircraft to be used for Skydiving in Iran! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 September 7th 07 06:40 PM
British Aircraft to be used for Skydiving in Iran! [email protected] Simulators 0 September 7th 07 06:39 PM
Lycoming Sued jls Home Built 0 February 13th 04 02:01 PM
Glider/Skydiving Crash dm Soaring 0 September 27th 03 05:13 PM
WOW - Shots fired at skydiving plane in NY... Buff5200 Piloting 15 July 14th 03 06:37 PM