OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

Old July 17th 20, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

This is the OLC, not the world championships. There's no official observer of the pilot or even the type of aircraft. If I set my glider type to a T21 and fly an EB29 I can also cheat.

Why is this standard not applied to jets - often not detected even at full power, or even petrol engines? You can wrap a Nano in some foam and put it in a box and I bet it won't detect a rotary engine.

Perhaps Jeffrey has a suboptimal install, and he should fix that.
Old July 17th 20, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Why do we care what OLC says, anyway?Â* Why so many rules, when there's
nothing to be gained other than frustration when one's flight is
rejected.Â* I have yet to see any trophies, cash or the ubiquitous hot
chicks flowing from any flight.Â* As stated above, this is not world
competition, only the place where, it seems, most glider pilots post
their flights.Â* I keep posting on OLC only out of habit in case any of
my friends are interested.

I recall back in the 90s when we had a map posted on the club house wall
and we would use stick pins and string to show our flights if we felt we
had made a good one.

On 7/17/2020 7:12 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 7/17/2020 4:56 AM:
This is the OLC, not the world championships. There's no official
observer of the pilot or even the type of aircraft. If I set my
glider type to a T21 and fly an EB29 I can also cheat.

Why is this standard not applied to jets - often not detected even at
full power, or even petrol engines? You can wrap a Nano in some foam
and put it in a box and I bet it won't detect a rotary engine.

Perhaps Jeffrey has a suboptimal install, and he should fix that.

Perhaps the problem the OLC is trying to solve is installations that
appear to show full power properly, but can not detect low power
operation, as appears to be case in Jeff's Silent.

--
Dan, 5J

Without comment bildan Soaring 2 July 1st 11 10:23 AM
A Random Comment birdog[_2_] Piloting 33 June 3rd 10 05:31 AM
jouer gratuit , comment devenir follement riche , jouer au monopolygratuitement en ligne , comment gagner l argent internet , jeux en lignegratuits , jeux gratuits , jouer gratuitement sims , comment devenir riche a, jouer gratuitement , gagner [email protected] Piloting 0 May 12th 09 11:37 AM
Military Command Deactivated Otis Willie Naval Aviation 2 January 10th 06 02:11 PM
No comment Greasy Rider @ invalid.com Simulators 0 December 9th 05 12:21 AM