P-51 Quick Silver

Old November 23rd 07, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo[_2_]

Default P-51 Quick Silver

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 6.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	19651  Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 1.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	19652  Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	19653  Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 3.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	19654  Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 4.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	19655

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Silver 5.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	19656
Old November 23rd 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RSimms

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:26:10 -0500, Oviedo
wrote:

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Probably the best looking 51 I've seen.

Rick Simms
Old November 23rd 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

RSimms wrote in
:

wrote:

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Probably the best looking 51 I've seen.

Rick Simms

The thing looks like a milion dollar sportscar!!
(although itself costs way more)

Stunning!! Thanks for the pics, which are very good by the way.

--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan
Old November 24th 07, 06:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Proton Fox

"Bert-Jan" wrote in
:

The thing looks like a milion dollar sportscar!!
(although itself costs way more)

Stunning!! Thanks for the pics, which are very good by the way.

Reportedly 2.6 million...

http://wvgazette.com/section/News/2007102014
Old November 24th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

"Proton Fox" wrote in message
"Bert-Jan" wrote in
:

The thing looks like a milion dollar sportscar!!
(although itself costs way more)

Stunning!! Thanks for the pics, which are very good by the way.

Reportedly 2.6 million...

http://wvgazette.com/section/News/2007102014

Thanks for the link to a very interesting story.

I guess Scott Yoak flew Quick Silver to Space Coast Regional Airport in
Titusville (which isn't that far south of Daytona Beach - 60 miles) since he
attends Embry-Riddle. I'm glad he allowed the Warbird Museum to display
Quick Silver.

Old November 24th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo[_2_]

Bert-Jan wrote:
RSimms wrote in
:

wrote:

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Probably the best looking 51 I've seen.

Rick Simms

The thing looks like a milion dollar sportscar!!
(although itself costs way more)

Stunning!! Thanks for the pics, which are very good by the way.

Glad you like them

Old November 25th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Oviedo" wrote:

"Proton Fox" wrote in message
"Bert-Jan" wrote in
:

The thing looks like a milion dollar sportscar!!
(although itself costs way more)

Stunning!! Thanks for the pics, which are very good by the way.

Reportedly 2.6 million...

http://wvgazette.com/section/News/2007102014

Thanks for the link to a very interesting story.

I guess Scott Yoak flew Quick Silver to Space Coast Regional Airport in
Titusville (which isn't that far south of Daytona Beach - 60 miles) since he
attends Embry-Riddle. I'm glad he allowed the Warbird Museum to display
Quick Silver.

I have to tell my Scott Yoak story. About 2 years ago, he had been
flying with a group of us at Spruce Creek and we were talking together
around "the tree."

Somehow, he related a tory about an alligator being transported aboard a
cargo plane, getting loose and holing up in a lav.

I asked, "didn't they tape its mouth shut?"

Scott said, "The PETA people wouldn't have any part of that!"

I said, "Scott, you DO know that ken and I are charter members of the
Spruce Creek chapter of PETA, don't you?"

Poor Scott tried to crawl under a rock and hide, until I told him, "Yes,
PETA -- People for Eating Tasty Animals."

His T-34 got nailed in a hail storm last year, but has been fixed.