Why didn't the Cessna 337 make it?

Old June 5th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Why didn't the Cessna 337 make it?

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 03:43:29 GMT, john smith wrote:

If you wanted to really use gas you could get the turbo charged
version. I don't know how many of those they sold.
We had one (turbo charged version) here on the field about 10 years
ago. The guy said he'd always wanted one, but only kept it about a
year. It was eating him out of house and home for gas and maintenance.
I don't know if it was due to that specific plane or it was a trait of
the breed.

Not just turbocharged... pressurized AND turbocharged!

I had forgotten, but yes, it was pressurized. They tell me a P-Baron
is cheaper to operate and one whale of a lot faster. Being retired
they are both out of my budget range unless I win the lottery. Then
again, if I plan on that I should probably buy a ticket.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com