Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

Old January 22nd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

("Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote)
I knew a guy who knew a guy who heard about a guy who got caught cheating
on the form. They say he was lined up against the wall and shot.

Q. FAA person who carries out the order?

A. Yup, Designated Executioner.

That would also be predicated on what condition you hid from them. Are
you having daily seizures?

Big deal - as long as they don't effect your mood, or make you drowsy.
Although, you might go through a good number of microphone booms over the
course of a year.

Montblack

Old January 22nd 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

That's what is needed , antidepressants that don't effect
your mood, wait, depression is a mood.

"Montblack" wrote
in message ...

Old January 22nd 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
But use common sense, safety is the goal, do what is safe and in
the spirit of the rules and you'll probably be OK with the
law.

heh heh, yah, ok

Old January 22nd 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bill Denton writes:

Am I the only one here who finds it ironic that you can't get a medical if
you have your depression treated and control it with medication, but someone
running around with an untreated problem can?

There are many inconsistencies in this domain. The rules seem to date
from the 1800s.

Old January 22nd 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Wow, 34 thread drifts in a bit over 4 hours,,, Has to be close to a
record for this group...

If you are beating the system somehow why would you discuss it in
public? doh

denny

Old January 22nd 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On 22 Jan 2007 20:17:46 GMT, Sally wrote:

My main concern is getting my ticket, and slapped with a huge fine
from the FAA finding out about my ommisions through other channels
(insurance, DEA, etc).

Aren't you a bit worried about Google Groups archiving this admission, with
what looks like your real name, well into the next century?

--
Dallas

Old January 22nd 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark Hansen

On 01/22/07 14:59, Dallas wrote:
On 22 Jan 2007 20:17:46 GMT, Sally wrote:

My main concern is getting my ticket, and slapped with a huge fine
from the FAA finding out about my ommisions through other channels
(insurance, DEA, etc).

Aren't you a bit worried about Google Groups archiving this admission, with
what looks like your real name, well into the next century?

Admissions? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the OP admit anything.
Just asked a few 'What if...' questions.

Old January 22nd 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Sally Grozmano

"Allen" wrote in
om:

What type of plane do you fly?

Allen

Not flying, yet. I would really love to start, though, so am weighing my
options. I'm also looking into the sport pilot certification (I used to fly
ultralights), but there are not a lot of places around me that rent out
SLAs, so I would worry about not keeping current. The funny thing is, if I
*do* get my PPL, chances are I would be flying around in a Cessna or
something, and I cannot imagine I would do *that* much more damage in a
Cessna than in a plane that just comes in under the SLA limits. But you
only need a driver's license to get your sport pilot license. Granted, the
sport pilot certificate by default does not allow flight in B/C/D airspace,
but I would get those endorsements.

-Sally
Old January 22nd 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban[_7_]

Jim wrote :
If you read the fine print when you sign an insurance
application, I think you'll find that you've given
them the right.

If you're talking about health or life insurance, I'd agree. If
you're talking about aircraft insurance, I'd disagree. I've never
signed a release for my medical records (nor would I) to an aircraft
insurance company. Since the advent of HIPAA, there are pretty strict
rules about the release of medical records.

Being an inusurance company, they could probably look at your records
by peeking through the backdoor, by way of the MIB database. But they
couldn't do much with the info since they would have accessed it
illegally.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

--
JGalban
Posted at www.flight.org

Old January 22nd 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Sally Grozmano" wrote in message
. ..
"Allen" wrote in
om:

What type of plane do you fly?

Allen

Not flying, yet. I would really love to start, though, so am weighing my
options. I'm also looking into the sport pilot certification (I used to fly
ultralights), but there are not a lot of places around me that rent out
SLAs, so I would worry about not keeping current. The funny thing is, if I
*do* get my PPL, chances are I would be flying around in a Cessna or
something, and I cannot imagine I would do *that* much more damage in a
Cessna than in a plane that just comes in under the SLA limits. But you
only need a driver's license to get your sport pilot license.

Provided you've never had a medical denied or revoked...

Granted, the sport pilot certificate by default does not allow flight in
B/C/D airspace, but I would get those endorsements.

-Sally

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ