Harley oil cooler for interior heat.

Old January 3rd 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Harley oil cooler for interior heat.

Probably not. But then your arms or legs or feet or air you breather
or.... will still be cold. You would need to wear a space suit to be
continuously warm. Those seat warmer gadgets are designed to give you
a little boost while waiting for the car heater to get going - a few
minutes - and not continuous heat unless you need it for your lumbego.

On Jan 2, 4:13 pm, Gig601XLBuilder wrote:
I wonder if one of these would draw too much power?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2841142

Old January 3rd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
Probably not. But then your arms or legs or feet or air you breather
or.... will still be cold. You would need to wear a space suit to be
continuously warm. Those seat warmer gadgets are designed to give you
a little boost while waiting for the car heater to get going - a few
minutes - and not continuous heat unless you need it for your lumbego.

On Jan 2, 4:13 pm, Gig601XLBuilder wrote:
I wonder if one of these would draw too much power?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2841142

Man-up, woman. (Sorry. My oldest son brought that one home from
wrestling practice, and has been using it almost continuously on my
younger. 8*)

In reality, if you heat the torso, the warmer blood will be carried out to
the extremities. It wouldn't be a complete cure to ward off mid-winter
Canadian cold at midnight, but it would be enough to handle the coldest
that North Carolina has to offer when combined with sensible socks, a hat
and a pair of gloves. (headset makes a nice set of ear muffs)

Probably off base but the motorcycle guys have various bits of electrically
heated clothing they run off of the bikes alternator. You even can buy
fully heated suits. An aircraft alternator is probably bigger than one on a
motorcycle.

Old January 3rd 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Yeah I can just see myself wearing bikers gloves at 10K feet altitude
and trying to control all the avionics. Used to drive a bike in my
20s - and even at 20F in Toronto. That was quite a few moons ago -
wouldn't survive now.

Took a flight in Aug 2006 to the west coast in Aug. It was 80F on
ground and near freezing at 12K above the mountains. We used to run to
the FBO bathrooms shivering and in our coats - probably looked nuts.

Old January 3rd 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

Hey, I got back into bikes after several decades. I bought a "liter bike"
which is way bigger than anything I had before. I took a riders course and
stayed off the streets unless they were clean and dry until I started
feeling comfortable with it. With gas prices high in the summers it has a
big impact on the fuel budget.

The big favorite in heated clothing is a vest followed by boot heaters.

Old January 3rd 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ernest Christley" wrote

In reality, if you heat the torso, the warmer blood will be carried out to
the extremities. It wouldn't be a complete cure to ward off mid-winter
Canadian cold at midnight, but it would be enough to handle the coldest
that North Carolina has to offer when combined with sensible socks, a hat
and a pair of gloves. (headset makes a nice set of ear muffs)

I'm not so sure about North Carolina temperatures being OK with just a warm
seat, but these will help. It is amazing how much warmer you stay with some
good boots, and these.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2642665&cp=710549.1905685&pare ntPage=family#1

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1836735&cp=1905680#1
--
Jim in NC

Oil Cooler Al Girdvainis/Penni Abram Home Built 0 November 26th 04 01:28 AM
Metal in the Oil Cooler Justin H Home Built 4 August 18th 04 11:28 AM
Oil cooler? Rick Home Built 1 March 22nd 04 09:41 AM
harley engine Air Methods Corporation Home Built 1 September 21st 03 08:13 PM