Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Old June 12th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Maxwell writes:

Certainly not. If you think you cannot roll the wings of an aircraft, and
remain in total control of the g loading, you are totally incorrect.

Unless you possess an antigravity device, you're never in total control of the
G loading.
Old June 12th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Erik writes:

Yep. I'll be suspect number one if I ever fly into france and
you happen to disappear.

Are you married? Have a girlfriend? Ever apply for a job that requires
interaction with others, especially in close proximity or alone?
Old June 12th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
PPL-A (Canada)

On Jun 11, 5:58 pm, Erik wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
PPL-A (Canada) writes:

Again ... the answer remains the same ... neck straight ... not bent.

And the absence of data is still there.

See, further proof. You were answered. You didn't like
the answer. It's not an absence of data, it's an absence
of brain.

Thank-you Erik, for pointing out how the annoying little guy neglected
to clip the rest of the post where I provided an answer as to where to
find the data which he seems to be seeking ... but he might have had
to get off his arse and call people he doesn't know to get some books
he doesn't have, so that doesn't fit in his world view, and thus can
be ignored in favour of further misappropriation of posts and mindless
arguments.

Old June 12th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
PPL-A (Canada)

On Jun 11, 6:00 pm, Erik wrote:
PPL-A (Canada) wrote:
Now now ... all you've done is substituted "And" for "But"! So I
guess I should have said "No 'if's', 'ands', 'ors', 'buts'

So that excludes the ass from replying. I should have
thought of that before!

Thank-you ... (bowing) ... glad someone finally got that entendre ...
although its lost on MX SMAK NIK.

Old June 12th 07, 09:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

And the absence of data is still there.

Says who? You didn't ask for data. You asked how it was taught. You got
an answer.

You have not provided any factual basis for any "absence of data". You
have also not provided any back-up to your claim of motor cycle turns
being the same as airplane turns. And you haven't backed up your claim
that motor cyclists are actually taught the way you claim they are.

So, if there is anything absent here, it is any kind of factual
foundation for your blathering.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 12th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Dudley Henriques wrote
Any roll performed by an airplane through 3 dimensional space is a
barrel roll by definition.

"Ah well...there you go again." Dudley.

Once again I am posting Wikipedia's (and mine) definition of a
"barrel roll". Now, would you be so kind as to post the source
of the definition that you use. BTW, William Kershner shares the
Wikipedia definition in his "The Flight Instructor's Manual.

Just point us at the definition.

Barrel roll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In aviation, the maneuver includes a constant variation of attitude in all
three axes, and at the midpoint (top) of the roll, the aircraft is flying
inverted, with the nose pointing at a 90-degree angle ("sideways") to the
general path of flight. The term "barrel roll" is frequently used,
incorrectly, to refer to any roll by an airplane (see aileron roll), or to
a helical roll in which the nose remains pointed generally along the flight
path. In fact, the barrel roll is a *SPECIFIC* and difficult maneuver; a
combination of a roll and a loop. It is not used in aerobatic competition.

Bob Moore

Old June 12th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.130...
"Maxwell" wrote in news:WMobi.97857$vE1.10405
@newsfe24.lga:

:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.130...

Dudley's right, you're wrong,. You're twisting the argument to suit
yourself, changeing the language and rules as you go...

No I'm not.
Reference my post from this morning.

Yeah right..

No, you mean yeah, correct.

No, I meeant you're a fjukkwit in the same league as mxsmanic.

Gotcha!

Old June 12th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

On 2007-06-11 23:36:31 -0400, "Maxwell" said:

Can you roll the wings of an aircraft 360 and hold 0g? How about 1g?
How about -1g?

I'm beginning to get this awful feeling that you and I just might not
be made for each other :-))
Let's just call it a day shall we. I really have no problem at all
allowing you to think I'm not as smart about aerobatics as you are
and I'm afraid we're getting fairly close to where I usually get paid
for this stuff. :-)
I have enjoyed our time together. Take care.
Dudley Henriques

Simple question. Can you or can you not.

Oops! you seem to have run out of people who give a fjukk what you
think.

Nah, Dudley just ran out of dance steps.

Old June 12th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Maxwell writes:

Certainly not. If you think you cannot roll the wings of an aircraft, and
remain in total control of the g loading, you are totally incorrect.

Unless you possess an antigravity device, you're never in total control of
the
G loading.

What do you think the stick does dip****. God you're clueless. Learn to
troll.

Old June 12th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Maxwell writes:

No it won't, and yes you can.

I'm afraid he's right, and you're wrong. The arc of the roll is
maintained by
lift towards the center of the roll, which requires positive G (relative
the pilot).

Only when flying a desk.