Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Old October 20th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Viperdoc wrote:
MxsManic wrote:
That inch of fat can be extremely useful if you ever become seriously
ill, as it provides energy to help you recover.

Do you have some sort of scientific or medical literature you can cite to
substantiate yet another one of your wild assertions?

In this case, I think he's correct. I'm recovering from a cancer that
required extensive surgery (removal of my esophagus) and I nearly died
after burning through the little fat I had in reserve. After the fat
gets used, your muscles go next. If I'd had more reserve fat, I'd
probably have had an easier time of recovery, and not had such a lack
of energy due to difficulty eating.

Regards, Kev

Old October 20th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
Do you have some sort of scientific or medical literature you can cite to
substantiate yet another one of your wild assertions?

He has not substantiated any of the numerous wild statements he has made and
I doubt he will start now.

Old October 20th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

Jim

Reading the tech litature, they have moved matter (maybe just one
atom) in the lab from one place to another so it is possible.

Who would have thought the original transistor would have morphed into
the things on market today?

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:34:27 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
.. .

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| The Beechjet has a StarTrek matter-transporter that will
| beam the passengers and cargo safely to the ground at
the
| nearest discrete place, then it switches to phaser mode
and

Old October 20th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

inorganic, and a mass so small that it would take trillions
to make one milligram.

"Big John" wrote in message
| Jim
|
| Reading the tech litature, they have moved matter (maybe
just one
| atom) in the lab from one place to another so it is
possible.

| Who would have thought the original transistor would have
morphed into
| the things on market today?
|
| Big John
| `````````````````````````````````````````
|

| On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:34:27 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| LOL
|
| BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
| happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
| Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
| create matter with a weight equal to a person would
require
| the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
| control and without destruction of the mechanism.
|

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
| .. .
| |
| | "Jim Macklin"
wrote
| in message
| | The Beechjet has a StarTrek matter-transporter that
will
| | beam the passengers and cargo safely to the ground at
| the
| | nearest discrete place, then it switches to phaser
mode
| and
| | destroys the aircraft so there is no dangerous debris
| | falling on any city.
| |
| | Careful there Jim....we don't want him ejaculating
himself
| from the
| | simulator! :-)
| |
| |

Old October 20th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Do you have some sort of scientific or medical literature you can cite to
substantiate yet another one of your wild assertions?

Why don't you do some research for yourself and find out how wild my
assertions are? You may be surprised.

Are you also a medical expert because you read about it on the internet or
did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

No. My study of medicine has been largely independent of the
Internet, although I use some Net resources more often nowadays.

Old October 20th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Kev writes:

In this case, I think he's correct. I'm recovering from a cancer that
required extensive surgery (removal of my esophagus) and I nearly died
after burning through the little fat I had in reserve. After the fat
gets used, your muscles go next. If I'd had more reserve fat, I'd
probably have had an easier time of recovery, and not had such a lack
of energy due to difficulty eating.

A large percentage of cancer patients ultimately die of starvation, as
the disease and its treatment often combines a lack of appetite with a
very high consumption of calories by the cancer. Without fat stores
the body's energy reserve can be exhausted very quickly. Patients
must be encouraged to eat or they must be fed, and some people claim
that eating a great deal has a beneficial effect in fighting the
cancer, although these claims are controversial.

Old October 20th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

Why should I do research on your continuing wild and unsubstantiated claims?
Don't you get it? The questions you ask are frequently very reasonable, but
your dogmatic and argumentative responses are what alienate you.

As for knowledge, I not only am a "real" pilot, I also went to a real
medical school, so unless your understanding of real biochemistry is better
than your flying experience you might want to ratchet down your own
impression of how much you actually know.

Old October 20th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Why should I do research on your continuing wild and
unsubstantiated claims?

It's up to you. I don't personally care whether you do research or
not.

Don't you get it? The questions you ask are frequently very
reasonable, but your dogmatic and argumentative responses are
what alienate you.

From whom? Some people react (and overreact) emotionally; others do
not. I simply write off the first category, as there isn't much else
that can be done with them. It's not my problem.

As for knowledge, I not only am a "real" pilot, I also went to a real
medical school, so unless your understanding of real biochemistry is better
than your flying experience you might want to ratchet down your own
impression of how much you actually know.

As I've said, do some research if you are interested in the topic. If
you're not, don't.