GA's "fair share"

Old November 9th 05, 12:22 AM
Montblack

Default GA's

("Tom Conner" wrote)
[snip]
Like it or not, you do have some valid points, but they are getting lost
in your out-of-control, unintelligible posts.

S-loon,
Like a pilot following your local airport's noise abatement procedures, try
[snipping] your post quotes down, too... after you start quoting the

Thanks.

Montblack

Old November 9th 05, 12:22 AM
Morgans

Default posting style (was GA's)

"Jose" wrote

Yes, manually inserting arrows on each line is a pain, which is why I
suggested a simple "quote" and "end quote" method for you. I do it
myself when necessary.

It is interesting that Skylooser alone, can't even make posting work quite
right.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 9th 05, 01:51 AM
.Blueskies.

"George Patterson" wrote in message news:jKUbf.576$PZ6.208@trndny07...
.Blueskies. wrote:

Annual registration fees should go up based on number of seats or max TO gross weight or similar also....

Seems to me that fuel taxes will go up by the same factors. Larger planes burn more gas.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

What about folks that use autogas. I guess they are paying road taxes. Also, there is no way the registration fees cover
the costs of registration and filing of all the paperwork. I pay more to register my car...

Old November 9th 05, 03:27 AM
George Patterson

.Blueskies. wrote:

Annual registration fees should go up based on number of seats or max TO gross weight or similar also....

Seems to me that fuel taxes will go up by the same factors. Larger planes burn more gas.

What about folks that use autogas. I guess they are paying road taxes. Also, there is no way the registration fees cover
the costs of registration and filing of all the paperwork. I pay more to register my car...

Lessee here... You talk about annual registration fees. Then you start talking
about the fees not covering the cost of registration and paperwork. Rewind.

There is no annual registration, so there is no cost of registration or
paperwork for an aircraft. I took your original post as a proposal to set up a
new tax on aircraft and call it a registration fee. Now you're talking like
there already is such a thing.

As far as car registration is concerned, that's a tax, plain and simple. And,
since there isn't such a thing for a plane, of course auto registration costs more.

Old November 9th 05, 10:37 PM
.Blueskies.

"George Patterson" wrote in message news:c0ecf.4670$AF6.572@trndny08...
[...]

Hmmm, I've never owned a plane but always thought the $5.00 registration fee was paid yearly, not just a one time fee.
Amazing....

Old November 10th 05, 12:24 AM
George Patterson

..Blueskies. wrote:

Hmmm, I've never owned a plane but always thought the $5.00 registration fee was paid yearly, not just a one time fee.

No, we don't re-register aircraft every year.

Old November 15th 05, 04:03 AM
Mike Schumann

I have not looked at their tax statements, so I don't know what is going on.
They may be able to postpone tax payments due to investment tax credits,
etc. In the long run, if they keep making money, they will eventually be
paying income taxes if they don't already.

Mike Schumann

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
k.net...
Sorry but that is not true. The income statement is based on GAAP which
is different from tax accounting. If you go to the cash flow statement
you will see an adjustment for taxes since they did not pay the amount in
the income statement.

Mike
MU-2

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
For a guy with the handle taxsrv, I am surprised that you don't know the
difference between GAAP and tax accounting and that you can't reconcile
the
cash flow statement with the earnings statement

Mike, if their 10K (GAAP) reports expenses for taxes, its a good bet
they are paying income tax.

-Robert

Old November 15th 05, 04:05 AM
Mike Schumann

Much of the road infrastructure is paid for by user fees, ala taxes on
gasoline, tires, auto registration and tolls.

Mike Schumann

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
jim rosinski wrote:

But I think in principle user fees are a
good idea because then our fun can be on our own dime.

I can drive for the purpose of "fun" too, but the government (ie. the
taxpayers) funds roads, legal enforcement of driving regulation, the
automobile inspection mechanism, etc.

- Andrew

Old November 15th 05, 05:08 AM
George Patterson

Mike Schumann wrote:

Much of the road infrastructure is paid for by user fees, ala taxes on
gasoline, tires, auto registration and tolls.

Those are taxes, much the same as the fuel taxes we pay to fly. Some areas of
the country do have tolls for roads and bridges. Those are user fees.

George Patterson
If a tank is out of ammunition, what you have is a sixty ton portable
radio.