Easy Display Update

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Easy Display Update

Hi,

Several customers have asked me recently when the Easy System will support
the units we use in the USA. The previous version of the software supported
only metric units for airspeed, lift and altitude. Version 3.7 of the
EasySoft software was sent to me a few days ago and I tested it today. I
now supports knots, miles, nautical miles, feet, etc. They also added
support for area tasks.

You can see details on my web site he
http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/nt.htm

Several customers have also asked me to test the EasyDisplay with other
flight recorders and soaring software. Below are the results of my testing
so far. Note that the EasyDisplay has 2.7 times the screen area of an iPAQ
hx4705 which is the largest Pocket PC available. The display is very large
and very bright. However, EasyDisplay is not a Pocket PC. It runs Windows
CE but not the Pocket PC version of Windows CE.

Glide Navigator II ran on the EasyDisplay but it covered only 1/4 of the 640
x 480 screen.

WinPilot and pocket*StrePla for the Pocket PC would not run on the
EasyDisplay. I wonder whether versions of those products have been created
that are compatible with the EasyDisplay.

SeeYou Mobile ran on the EasyDisplay but needs some tweaking to work well on
it. The menus and data windows were small and the menu on the bottom of the
screen seemed to be squashed vertically. However, the good news is that
SeeYou Mobile was able to connect to a Cambridge 302 on comm port 4. It was
not able to connect to the GPS from the Easy MatchBox vario/GPS. I imagine
it will be easy for SeeYou to get the minor bugs worked out. I have
contacted them to see if they are interested in do that.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com