Death of the newsgroup.

Old November 25th 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
gorgon

Default Death of the newsgroup.

I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. It is now officially dead in
my opinion. RIP Bob Hoover..may you not turn over in your grave. With
the last infiltration post ..rant. or whatever you call it, I am done
with this group. There hasn't been a decent topic thread in months.
Maybe it is time. When one looks at all the Yahoo groups that still
have an interest in aviation AND courteous, helpful members that stay
on topic (Tailwind, Buttercup, Aeronca, etc) this group is a dinosaur.

Bye
Old November 26th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Nov 25, 9:39*am, gorgon wrote:
I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. *It is now officially dead in
my opinion.

I wish you were wrong, but you are not. I see the same thing in the
other groups I inhabit. The day of the Internet may be over, and now
Facebook and the like are in the ascendant. That's very sad.

Mike
Old November 26th 10, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

On 11-26-2010 15:53, Peter wrote:

Facebook is for kids and brainless people... not a replacement for
this kind of stuff.

Can I send you a friend invitation on Facebook? :O

Old November 27th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
gpabruce

On Nov 26, 5:49*am, " wrote:
On Nov 25, 9:39*am, gorgon wrote:

I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. *It is now officially dead in
my opinion.

I wish you were wrong, but you are not. *I see the same thing in the
other groups I inhabit. *The day of the Internet may be over, and now
Facebook and the like are in the ascendant. *That's very sad.

Mike

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between thw groups and the
old CB radios. Remember how the old CB's started out being polite and
helpful and a nice tool for truckers and travelers? Then they got so
abusive a person couldn't turn one on around children they were so
nasty. Seems the groups are going through the same thing. Why? I have
no clue, maybe someone else does.

Bruce
Old November 27th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Nov 25, 7:39*am, gorgon wrote:
I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. *It is now officially dead in
my opinion. *RIP Bob Hoover..may you not turn over in your grave. With
the last infiltration post ..rant. or whatever you call it, I am done
with this group. *There hasn't been a decent topic thread in months.
Maybe it is time. *When one looks at all the Yahoo groups that still
have an interest in aviation AND courteous, helpful members that stay
on topic (Tailwind, Buttercup, Aeronca, etc) this group is a dinosaur.

Bye

Go to homebuiltairplanes.com and register. We're all over
there now. It's moderated, as it needs to be, no foolishness is
tolerated and we have some good discussions.

Dan
Old November 27th 10, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

On 11/26/2010 6:59 PM, gpabruce wrote:

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between thw groups and the
old CB radios. Remember how the old CB's started out being polite and
helpful and a nice tool for truckers and travelers? Then they got so
abusive a person couldn't turn one on around children they were so
nasty. Seems the groups are going through the same thing. Why? I have
no clue, maybe someone else does.

Lack of personal consequences. Say those things face-to-face, and
you're likely to get punched. Same them over the air on a CB or on
USENET using a "handle," and you're untouchable. Look at how much the
garbage level rises when the participants start claiming to have
identified their opponents.

Ron Wanttaja

Is this the death of GA [email protected] Piloting 199 March 1st 08 07:40 PM
Death? Ol Shy & Bashful Rotorcraft 10 July 9th 06 12:31 AM
The death of the A-65? Michael Horowitz Home Built 35 November 23rd 05 01:08 AM
death of GA in NY [email protected] Piloting 51 September 16th 05 11:36 PM