New LXNAV Nano 3 Overview Video

Old April 23rd 14, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New LXNAV Nano 3 Overview Video

Hi,

I have just uploaded a new LXNAV Nano 3 Overview video he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG6zwEtCs9k

Details on the LXNAV Nano 3 are available at:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

It was fun learning everything about the Nano 3 while creating the overview
video. It is an amazing little IGC approved flight recorder. It is very
easy to use and full of neat features.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 23rd 14, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_2_]

At 12:08 23 April 2014, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have just uploaded a new LXNAV Nano 3 Overview video he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG6zwEtCs9k

Details on the LXNAV Nano 3 are available at:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

It was fun learning everything about the Nano 3 while creating the

overview

video. It is an amazing little IGC approved flight recorder. It is very

easy to use and full of neat features.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Where is the IGC approval document for the Nano 3 Please?

The existing Original Nano approval of 2010 does NOT cover the Nano 3.

Old April 24th 14, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

What are the pro's and con's compared to the Colibri 2? So far as I can see the Nano 3 offers backup moving map navigation which the Colibri 2 does not, whereas the Colibri 2 doubles up as a Flarm display. Are there other significant differences in functionality?

The Nano 3 accepts declarations and can download flights by Bluetooth from an Android device or by USB, whereas the Colibri requires transfer of a fiddly micro-SD card?

Have I got this right? Are there other significant differences?

Old April 24th 14, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tim,

I guess I have misunderstood the status of the Nano 3's IGC approval. I
thought it had already been approved, but I stand corrected. Hopefully it
will receive approval soon.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 24th 14, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

In addition to your comments below:

The Nano 3 also displays airspace - which the Colibri II does not do.

The battery in the Nano 3 last much longer (13 to 25 hours depending on
screen saver settings) than the battery in the Colibri II.

It is easy to enter a task into the Nano 3 using the user interface on the
unit. The current task is used for the task declaration in the flight log.

I suspect that the 4 buttons on the Nano 3 will be easier to use in flight
than the Colibri II's rocker switch. But I haven't flown with a Colibri II
yet - so I don't know that for certain.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
____________________________

Old April 24th 14, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:08:16 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have just uploaded a new LXNAV Nano 3 Overview video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG6zwEtCs9k

Details on the LXNAV Nano 3 are available at:

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

It was fun learning everything about the Nano 3 while creating the overview

video. It is an amazing little IGC approved flight recorder. It is very

easy to use and full of neat features.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Tim,

News from LXNAV on the approval.

"I think its a question of days. Draft has been written week ago. They finished tests. They have no more questions."

My first order of the NANO III's has sold out and I will be receiving more next week.

It is a very nice device.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 24th 14, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:08:16 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have just uploaded a new LXNAV Nano 3 Overview video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG6zwEtCs9k

Details on the LXNAV Nano 3 are available at:

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

It was fun learning everything about the Nano 3 while creating the overview

video. It is an amazing little IGC approved flight recorder. It is very

easy to use and full of neat features.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

What was raised today?

The guarantee that they will be IGC approved is from LXNAV and Craggy Aero.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com