Helicopter Buzzes Wal-Mart

Old February 3rd 05, 03:15 AM
Mike Beede

In article ,
"C J Campbell" wrote:

Listen, Pooua, we pilots are a little weary of being accused of being
terrorists by ignorant, panicky twits like you. Now, people here have all
told you where you were wrong and why you were wrong, but you insist on
arguing with them. Believe it or not, the folks here actually have some idea
of what they are talking about. We also know that you do not. If you want
some sympathy, take it to alt.airporthaters or someplace like that.

I didn't see any accusation. I thought it was a civil
discussion where the OP was asking for information about
something he thought was unsafe. He was somewhat unwilling
to believe that his Mk I eyeball was miscalibrated, but
that doesn't seem to call for namecalling, IMESHO.

Personally, I figure people are spooked about a lot of things,
and at least in public (and this IS a public forum) I try
to be a calming influence. I try to reserve my ire for the
government figures and entities that ought to understand
the issues but instead engage in rabble-rousing and ineffective
restrictions.

Mike Beede
Old February 3rd 05, 04:12 AM
Capt.Doug

"Morgans" wrote in message Anyone else have an opinion?

Yeah, I have an opinion. F**K WalMart! Don't shop there. Support your local
merchants, not China.

D. (you asked :-) )

Old February 3rd 05, 04:35 AM
Matt Barrow

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in message Anyone else have an opinion?

Yeah, I have an opinion. F**K WalMart! Don't shop there. Support your

local
merchants, not China.

Geez...just a while back, high prices local merchants were accused of
"ripping people off".

BTW, the best thing that can happen to local merchants is to have a Wal-Mart
move in near by (think of traffic into the area).

And what makes you think local merchants don't carry goods made in China?

D. (you asked :-) )

You got it...back! :~)

--
Matt
---------------------

Old February 3rd 05, 04:36 AM

"What do I win?"

I'm glad you asked.

I happen to have a nice bucket of propwash, which you can use to polish
your reference datum and vector grommet. I'll even through in True
North, very handy these days when you have Dull Company.

Old February 3rd 05, 04:49 AM
TaxSrv

"Capt.Doug" wrote:

Yeah, I have an opinion. F**K WalMart! Don't shop there. Support

your local
merchants, not China.

Fine by me, but for Wal-Mart stores in and around the big
city,.there's hardly any local merchants left who sell the same stuff
even if better. If you want better clothing, you go to the big dept
store at the mall and hope for a sale. Even the other merchants in the
mall are often manufacturer owned. Others may be medium-sized local
companies of maybe a dozen such franchises at a bunch of malls.

Fred F.

Old February 3rd 05, 06:17 AM
Matt Barrow

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message

Therefore, I am sorry to say that you are simply nutso and possibly
delusional.

Too late, Jim. I think the troll became discouraged at the extraordinary
lack of sympathy for his sensitive feelings here and has gone away.

I wonder if he EVER has seen a helicopter close up...like on a ramp or a LZ
or something, rather than just flying overhead.
--
Matt
---------------------

Old February 3rd 05, 02:20 PM
Denny

Making them up!!!! Nobody can make up the FAR's, they are stolen from
the POH of an alien spacecraft held in Area 51...

Anyway, nothing I like better than a good reg's fight, unfortunately my
FAR/AIM is at home and given the insanity of my business at the moment
I may or may not get to it... The background of my statement is the
fact that my home field has helicopter traffic, that I have mostly
ignored for decades - or maybe it is my failing vision - anyway, this
issue came up after a pilot got his undies in a wedgie after seeing a
helicopter flying a right pattern whilst he was on a left pattern...
So, a small hoo-haa occurred in the lounge in front of my wondering
eyes with the fixed winger doing the 3 year old tantrum routine, while
the rotor head merely shrugged and moved on... To satisfy my idle
curiosity as to the rightousness of the rotor guy, I called the FSDO
and inquired about the regulatory basis and the inspector quoted the
biblical passages (long gone from my memory) and stated the FSDO
expected choppers to pattern opposite the fixed wing traffic for mutual
visibility, subject to local rules, barometer changes, wardrobe
malfunctions, etc., etc... I looked it up at the time and by golly he
was right...
But, if you continue casting aspersions upon my infallibility then I
shall be forced to counter with - logging PIC time, IFR in Class E
airspace, owner manufactured parts - and you don't want me to do that,
do you?

But we digress - as usual - from the main point, that choppers operate
under different rules than fixed wings and if you see one down low over
a Wally World parking lot, he is likely not bending any regs...

Cheers ... Denny
Denny

Old February 3rd 05, 05:07 PM
Larry Dighera

On 3 Feb 2005 06:20:23 -0800, "Denny" wrote in
.com::

my FAR/AIM is at home

Not to worry, it's all on-line:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...4/14tab_02.tpl
http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/AIM/index.htm
Old February 8th 05, 08:13 PM
scupper79

Doug is a hero here.

Anyone shopping at wal-mart ought to be bitch slapped, tortured, then
burned.

As for supporting the picture, I'm not going to get technical as the others.
I've seen photos of really low flying people before turn out to where they
looked several hundred feet above the ground. Don't know how, but have
seen this happen before. 30 ft off ground can look like a couple hundred
feet.

ck