The Seven Levels of Aviation (not for the humor-impaired)

Old February 17th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default The Seven Levels of Aviation (not for the humor-impaired)

"Jim Macklin" writes:

No such thing a warming limited to Global, Mars ice caps
receding, Rovers still running, atmosphere getting thicker,
Pluto warmer, Jupiter has a second spot, comets brighter;
the whole damned solar system is getting a heat wave.

I have read about some of this, also. The only explanation in that case is
that solar output has increased, in which case human activity may not make any
difference at all, which comes as no surprise (human beings like to
overestimate their influence on their environment).

Old February 17th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

I believe that you are right, but something akin to dihydrogen-monoxide
or
possibly dihydrogen-oxide was the name used

Yes, but dihydrogen monoxide is an extremely dangerous substance which
needs to be treated with enormous respect.

Hydrogen hydroxide is just water.

I believe there may have been multiple versions of the story, but here are a
few links relted to the dihydrogen monoxide and dihydrogen oxide versions:

http://www.junkscience.com/news/glassman.html
http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp
http://www.magicsoil.com/DiHy/DiHydrogen%20Oxide.htm
http://www.magicsoil.com/DiHy/DiHydrogen%20Oxide.htm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...hydrogen+oxide

There are many more, too many for my patience.

Peter

Old February 17th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

Go take your meds now. Things won't be so heavy when you wake up.

OK, I see that I also added a rebuttal before reading far enough to see how
trivial it had become.

Peter

Old February 18th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tony

OK, no one else has pointed out the error in the leaning towards a
peak statement I made above.

I thought this was peer reviewed.

Someone paying attention would have (in fact, SHOULD HAVE) flamed me
for that remark. If we treat this as a two body problem -- earth and
mountain -- if one were standing in the mutual gravitational fields,
that person would in fact been seen to be leaning AWAY from the
mountain so as to be aligned with the local gravity vector.

Sorry, boys and girls, even gurus make errors from time to time.

..

I beg

Classic physics, of course,
On Feb 17, 10:33 am, "Tony" wrote:
That's what flaming is all about. Best results if I'm leaned to peak,
though. Makes sense, doesn't it, that one would lean towards a peak --
there's more mass there, after all.

On Feb 17, 9:05 am, Clark wrote:

Jose wrote in news:rEDBh.22585$zH1.19929
@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Which, I'll remind him, is an extremely dangerous substance which
needs to be treated with enormous respect.

Oh, you're all wet!

Are you trying to get him steamed?

--
---
there should be a "sig" here- Hide quoted text -

Old February 18th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose

Someone paying attention would have (in fact, SHOULD HAVE) flamed me
for that remark. If we treat this as a two body problem -- earth and
mountain -- if one were standing in the mutual gravitational fields,
that person would in fact been seen to be leaning AWAY from the
mountain so as to be aligned with the local gravity vector.

Sorry, boys and girls, even gurus make errors from time to time.

Depends whether we are considering you to be in the steady state
condition (where you would lean away from the peak), or are unstable
(where you start out vertical, and the mountain pulls on you while your
feet remain planted).

Guess which one the general consensus is.

Jose
--
Humans are pack animals. Above all things, they have a deep need to
follow something, be it a leader, a creed, or a mob. Whosoever fully
Old February 18th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tony

In my world the mountain would have been there before I arrived, it
may be (I hope this is not true) you are in a simulated one where
after one's feet are planted the mountain appears. My natural time
constant is significantly shorter than that one associated with
mountains growing.

On the other hand, if you were talking about psychological stability,
well, I do get a discount, I'm married to a shrink!

And, by the way, I am a genuine instrument rated pilot, so if I have
access to an AH, I do know which way is up.

Old February 18th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose

On the other hand, if you were talking about psychological stability,
well, I do get a discount, I'm married to a shrink!

Well, there you go. Shrink the mountain, straighten up, and fly right!

Jose
Old February 19th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Feb 15, 6:18 pm, Jose wrote:
What about level 3.14159, for the pilot who flies in circles? Or
2.718, for natural pilots (I know many of you will get it), or even 1,
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, . . . (prime pilots, of course).

For those who are also A&Ps, there is 0.57721...

Ok, I'll go back in my corner.

HAH! That was funnier than the original!
666 pilots: the pilots who flies like the devil
..45 pilots: anti-terrorist trained
7600 pilots: we don't talk with them.

Ok, yours were better...

Some Military and Aviation Humor Al Camp Aviation Photos 1 February 15th 07 12:54 PM
IGC - approved levels for some.... Stan Kochanowski Soaring 1 March 18th 05 01:47 PM
Impaired Pilots Jay Honeck Piloting 25 October 6th 04 11:25 PM
A Little Aviation Humor Chuck Piloting 5 January 15th 04 03:49 PM