Fokker DVII NNAM Pensacola 1/2

Old December 23rd 08, 02:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ac249

Default Fokker DVII NNAM Pensacola 1/2

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fokker DVII NNAM Pensacola 01.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	31446
Old December 23rd 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ac249

Default Fokker DVII NNAM Pensacola 2/2 END

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fokker DVII NNAM Pensacola 02.jpg (145.9 KB, 73 views)
Old December 26th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Avsec

Again my WW1 expert has offered this comment .....

It's a replica in the markings of Vzfw Willi Gabriel of Jasta 11. More or
less, anyway - the wings should be lozenge pattern fabric. Gabriel was
credited with 11 victories, but didn't get on with the last commander of
Jagdgeschwader Nr 1, one Hauptmann Hermann Goering.

The floatplane in the background is a Thomas Morse S-5.

Cheers,

Avsec

"ac249" wrote in message
. uk...

Old December 26th 08, 10:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ac249

Many thanks for the updates Avsec. I'm just quoting from the official guide
book. I do like to see DVII's in lozenge markings as they look much more
realistic. The one in the RAF Museum I believe is real and that is in it I
seem to remember. It would be nice to be able to check that but the RAF
Museum website, whilst good in some ways, is absolutely awful for finding
out what they actually have on show and giving some history to the exhibits.
Trying to make you pay for a guide book perhaps as it is free to enter. Poor
show.

Having been named in the Versailles Treaty as a weapon that would have to be
surrendered, the DVII, was collected by lots of countries I guess. The NNAM
guide mentions the fact that the US Army took 142 back with them. The Navy
got six for USMC training back at Quantico and they were used until 1924. "A
further twelve versions of the aircraft, which incorporated extensive welded
steel construction, were ordered from the Army in May 1920 for experimental
and developmental work in metal construction. The Museum's example was
restored by students at Pensacola Junior College." So it doesn't actually
mention it being a replica and I wonder if it is not one of those twelve
mentioned in the blurb?
Keep the corrections and additions coming please. Every little makes us all
a tad brighter.
Cheers and trust you had a good Xmas
Mike
"Avsec" wrote in message
Again my WW1 expert has offered this comment .....

It's a replica in the markings of Vzfw Willi Gabriel of Jasta 11. More or
less, anyway - the wings should be lozenge pattern fabric. Gabriel was
credited with 11 victories, but didn't get on with the last commander of
Jagdgeschwader Nr 1, one Hauptmann Hermann Goering.

The floatplane in the background is a Thomas Morse S-5.

Cheers,

Avsec

"ac249" wrote in message
. uk...

Old December 26th 08, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guybrush Threepwood[_2_]

"Avsec" wrote in message
Again my WW1 expert has offered this comment .....

It's a replica in the markings of Vzfw Willi Gabriel of Jasta 11. More
or less, anyway - the wings should be lozenge pattern fabric. Gabriel
was credited with 11 victories, but didn't get on with the last commander
of Jagdgeschwader Nr 1, one Hauptmann Hermann Goering.

The floatplane in the background is a Thomas Morse S-5.

Cheers,

Avsec

"ac249" wrote in message
. uk...

Please remark that all fokker airplanes built in WW1 in Germany have a
structure based on welded tubes. There are some intersting infos he

http://www.fokker-team-schorndorf.de/

--
Gruß Guybrush

Old December 26th 08, 06:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ac249

Thanks for the link GT. That's a really interesting site with some great
info and pictures. I just wish it was in English but, why should it be.
Thanks
Mike

Old December 26th 08, 07:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guybrush Threepwood[_2_]

"ac249" wrote in message
. uk...

Please remark that all fokker airplanes built in WW1 in Germany have a
structure based on welded tubes. There are some intersting infos he

http://www.fokker-team-schorndorf.de/

--
Gruß Guybrush

There is an english version available , I thought. Isn't there an english
flag to click on?

--
Gruß Guybrush

Old December 26th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"ac249" wrote in message
. uk...

Please remark that all fokker airplanes built in WW1 in Germany have a
structure based on welded tubes. There are some intersting infos he

http://www.fokker-team-schorndorf.de/

--
Gruß Guybrush

There is an english version available , I thought. Isn't there an english
flag to click on?

No, but there's a Union Flag (the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
and Northern Ireland) centre-ish on the page that brings up the English
version of the site in a new window.
http://www.collectors-edition.de/f-t...el_english.htm

Here's an English flag:

http://flagspot.net/flags/gb-eng.html
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gb-eng.gif
Views:	59
Size:	891 Bytes
ID:	31586
Old December 26th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Avsec

"ac249" wrote in message
Many thanks for the updates Avsec.

I have forwarded your thanks to the WW1 expert. He is not interested in a/c
unless they have been constructed with canvas and wire.

Avsec

Old December 26th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Avsec

I have been corrected once again....

He is a "Great War" expert not a WW1 expert.

Out to the blackboard and write fifty times ........

Avsec