New FAA Commercial Astronaut certificate?

Old January 4th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default New FAA Commercial Astronaut certificate?

Are they are creating a new certificate?

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=23449

And I thought multiengine would be expensive...

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org
Old January 4th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article , Jimbob wrote:
Are they are creating a new certificate?

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=23449

And I thought multiengine would be expensive...

Wait 'til you see the fuel costs. :-)

-Dan
Old January 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jimbob" wrote in message

Are they are creating a new certificate?

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=23449

And now, a whole new segment of the population can hear those wonderful
words "I'm from the FAA, and I'm here to help you."

;-)

Old January 4th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Do you need three take-offs and landings to a full stop
before carrying passengers?

Old January 4th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dan Foster wrote:
In article , Jimbob wrote:

Are they are creating a new certificate?

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=23449

And I thought multiengine would be expensive...

Wait 'til you see the fuel costs. :-)

In a few years we'll be calling a breakfast flight a "Million Dollar Muffin" run.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 4th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Just think: Intergalatic TFR's

".3/212052 -FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS PLANET EARTH. EFFECTIVE 0303182000 UTC
(MARCH 18 AT 1200 LOCAL) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. SPACECRAFT FLIGHT
OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN 3.2 PARSECS OF PLANET WHILE PRESIDENT
BUSH IN RESIDENCE. WIE UNTIL UFN ."

I am curious to know the CTAF for Pluto...

Old January 4th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jimbob wrote:
Are they are creating a new certificate?

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=23449

And I thought multiengine would be expensive...

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org

So if you fly to the International Space Station and stay for more than
90 days, does that mean you can't fly home with passengers onboard?

Eric

Old January 4th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("George Patterson" wrote)
In a few years we'll be calling a breakfast flight a "Million Dollar
Muffin" run.

Two words:
Sport Astronaut

138 mph/120 kts limits our re-entry options.

Montblastoff

Old January 4th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Do you need three take-offs and landings to a full stop
before carrying passengers?

What are the required maneuvers for the one-hour of flight to fullfil a
BFR?
Old January 4th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
Two words:
Sport Astronaut

:^) Where do I sign up?