painting Vicky

Old January 27th 04, 09:40 PM
Stephen N Mills

Default painting Vicky

Baby needs a new pair of shoes...
Well, not really. She needs a new coat.

Our Cardinal ('75 RG) is to the point of needing a paint job. She
sits on a tie-down at PDK (Atlanta) and flies, occasionaly, thru
clouds and rain. And it shows.

We are looking for recommendations and pireps on painting. We are
planning a basic white with green (or red) scheme as she has now. We
do not ever expect to get to the top of the hanger-waiting-list, so we
don't want to spend mucho bucks for the
paint-job-to-end-all-paint-jobs. And, of course, we don't want it to
all peel off in two years. What we're after is a good, basic,
middle-of-the-line paint job.

We are posting here looking for:

1- Paint shop recommendations (near PDK?)
2- Cost estimates
3- Down-time estimates
4- Other advice

Steve
(1/3 owner of N2679V, "Vicky", for one year as of tomorrow)

Old January 28th 04, 05:58 PM
Dave Butler

Stephen N Mills wrote:

We are posting here looking for:

1- Paint shop recommendations (near PDK?)

Hi Stephen,

Take a look at http://www.employees.org/~dgbutler/201/201.html, scan down to
"Paint". We decided on Grace Air, have an April date. Don't have any personal
experience yet, but two of my partners who visited the shop were impressed.

Remove SHIRT to reply directly

Dave

Old February 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
Mike H

We had our Archer II done at a small shop at South Fulton
airpark (under the departure stream of ATL's 28L). That was
about 6 years ago, and it still looks pretty good, except for the
normal fiberglass crazing, etc. I think the basic paint job
was right at $4200. Was in the shop for a little less than 2 weeks.
If you want to take a look, hop over to RYY, look for 44979
on the north ramp area.
Mike