DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS

Old January 16th 05, 04:11 AM
DONNER LAKE 2005

Default DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS

DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS
http://community.webshots.com/user/donnerlake2005

Old January 16th 05, 04:38 AM
Morgans

"DONNER LAKE 2005" wrote in message
oups.com...
DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS
http://community.webshots.com/user/donnerlake2005

Nice website. I like the slideshow idea. Could you make it so all the pics
show up at the same size? (bigger size you had for some of them) Some were
rather small.

Sure is pretty. This Ohio boy, displaced to NC, sure misses the snow. :-)
--
Jim in NC

Old January 16th 05, 06:33 AM
lal_truckee

DONNER LAKE 2005 wrote:
DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS
http://community.webshots.com/user/donnerlake2005

http://image30.webshots.com/31/6/23/...8BhLxlP_ph.jpg
used to be the only road over the pass - I drove this highway over
Donner Summit to go to the 60 Olympics at Squaw, along with tens of
thousands of others. Parking was on the Squaw meadow, protected from
damage by the Army spraying water on layers of straw every night until a
frozen layer was constructed above the meadow.

This is a piece of the Lincoln Highway - the first trans-continental
highway. Parts of it (like photo) are still in daily use.
Old January 16th 05, 09:06 AM
uglymoney

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:33:54 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

DONNER LAKE 2005 wrote:
DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS
http://community.webshots.com/user/donnerlake2005

http://image30.webshots.com/31/6/23/...8BhLxlP_ph.jpg
used to be the only road over the pass - I drove this highway over
Donner Summit to go to the 60 Olympics at Squaw, along with tens of
thousands of others. Parking was on the Squaw meadow, protected from
damage by the Army spraying water on layers of straw every night until a
frozen layer was constructed above the meadow.

This is a piece of the Lincoln Highway - the first trans-continental
highway. Parts of it (like photo) are still in daily use.

Parts of it in Cedar Rapids, IA are still in daily use as well. Mt.
Vernon Road on the SE side follow the original route for a bit, with
an old bridge preserved on the east edge of town just off the current
street. They will be erecting a nice sign this summer for it, to
complement the hundreds of other signs that dot the road as it winds
cross country. I've actually had fun doing a RT 66 tour between CR
and Ames where I went to school. Suprising how much of the old
highway is still around once you get off the beaten path.

nate