Soaring pants. Yes, pants.

Old June 23rd 14, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Auxvache

Default Soaring pants. Yes, pants.

I have a headache after shopping online for new pants to wear in the cockpit. R.A.S. never lets me down, so...

Anyone know which company makes lightweight cargo pants that have zippered front/side pockets (so the cell phone stays in if you bail out), and a zippered fly (relief system-friendly)?

Thanks in advance.
Old June 24th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

It's too bad that the Peetot pants are no longer available. Did a zipper malfunction lead to an business-terminating injury lawsuit?

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/reliefwear.htm

Old June 24th 14, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
darrylr

On Monday, June 23, 2014 2:46:13 PM UTC-7, Auxvache wrote:
I have a headache after shopping online for new pants to wear in the cockpit. R.A.S. never lets me down, so...

Anyone know which company makes lightweight cargo pants that have zippered front/side pockets (so the cell phone stays in if you bail out), and a zippered fly (relief system-friendly)?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...ble-pants.html

Get the II version of these pants. Pockets in good places. Convertible. Large fly. Widely available at discount prices online.
Old June 24th 14, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

My wife bought me such pants at REI. They even have zip off legs to
convert them to shorts at the end of the day.

Dan Marotta

Old June 24th 14, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

On Monday, June 23, 2014 4:46:13 PM UTC-5, Auxvache wrote:
I have a headache after shopping online for new pants to wear in the cockpit. R.A.S. never lets me down, so...

Anyone know which company makes lightweight cargo pants that have zippered front/side pockets (so the cell phone stays in if you bail out), and a zippered fly (relief system-friendly)?

Thanks in advance.

http://performancesoaring.com/

from one of our own club members.

Old February 12th 16, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le lundi 23 juin 2014 17:46:13 UTC-4, Auxvache a écrit*:
I have a headache after shopping online for new pants to wear in the cockpit. R.A.S. never lets me down, so...

Anyone know which company makes lightweight cargo pants that have zippered front/side pockets (so the cell phone stays in if you bail out), and a zippered fly (relief system-friendly)?

Thanks in advance.

is there a existing solution for pupping?
Old February 12th 16, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I wear convertible pants from REI for flying. They have regular front
pockets with a small zippered watch pocket (holds an old flip phone),
velcro closed cargo pockets, zippered hip pockets, and zip off legs. Oh
yeah... And a zippered fly. Cost around $65.

--
Dan, 5J

Old February 12th 16, 10:29 PM
RickH RickH is offline
Junior Member

Location: St. Louis, MO

[quote=Dan Marotta;919638]I wear convertible pants from REI for flying. They have regular front
pockets with a small zippered watch pocket (holds an old flip phone),
velcro closed cargo pockets, zippered hip pockets, and zip off legs. Oh
yeah... And a zippered fly. Cost around $65.

I wear these convertibles from Sierra Trading Post. Comfortable, SPF30, although the cargo pockets are Velcro but nice and deep. $35.00

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/whi...colorFamily=04

RickH
NR
Old February 13th 16, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Columbia Omnishade hiking pants made out of nylon work well in the sweltering south if you want long pants. Flying with hiking pants and fishing shirts, next stop full Camo.

SF

Old February 13th 16, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I fly with Musto sailing pants. It is like they were made for soaring,

Wheel pants Bob F.[_2_] Piloting 14 September 16th 08 06:56 PM
'Speed Pants'... .Blueskies. Home Built 14 December 14th 05 05:02 AM
Fancy Pants Nyal Williams Soaring 3 November 21st 04 03:45 PM
Cessna 120 140 wheel pants Mark T. Products 0 September 11th 04 01:53 AM
FS: Cessna 140 120 wheel pants Mark T. Aviation Marketplace 0 September 11th 04 01:52 AM