Flying Pants designed for relief in flight

Old May 20th 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flying Pants designed for relief in flight

Cumlus Soaring in the past sold Peeto pants to facilitate airborne
relief. The last time I ask he had dicontinued the item. Did the
pilots who purchased them like the pants? Is there a place to buy
them now?

Bll Snead
Old May 20th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I own a pair and use them on hot sunny days. I would have designed the
fly zipper a bit differently (the left-to-right orientation interferes
with the parachute leg straps) but otherwise I like them.

Sorry, don't know where you can get them now ...

~ted/2NO
Old May 20th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 19, 7:30*pm, " wrote:
Cumlus Soaring in the past sold Peeto pants to facilitate airborne
relief. *The last time I ask he had dicontinued the item. *Did the
pilots who purchased them like the pants? *Is there a place to buy
them now?

Bll Snead

The manufacturer's web site is at http://www.reliefwear.com and you
can order form there or they can hook you up with anotehr reseller.

Personally I've never seen the point. Lightweight cargo pants like the
North Face Paramount work fine for me. The fly zipper gives all the
access needed for connecting a catheter to a pee tube. The front cargo
pockets are very accessible in flight. And you don't look like a dork
walking around in them :-)

Darryl
Old May 20th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
309

I've found the Peeto pants to work well, a little better than the
cargo pants.

The pockets are also oriented for more easy access from a
"declining" (seated) position.

As Kemp put it so very well in a BITS presentation pitch, the most
cost effective performance improvement you can make to your glider is
a relief tube. Handy access to the "tube" is part of the relief
process. I also used these back when I was towing banners in Bellanca
Scouts (a less reclined seating position, and no relief tube -- so
quart or gallon zip lock bags held "excess ballast") -- some of those
flights approached 6.5 hours...all at 2 knots above stall...

When I visited the link to Relief Wear, sadly they're not in
production anymore (I would've entertained buying a second pair...).

-Pete
Old May 20th 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Dezzutti[_3_]

The pants were made by Kevin Booker who used to fly with the Post Mills
club. There was a photo of him modeling his pants in the April issue of
AOPA pilot.

I wish I had purchased a second pair.

Maybe if enough of us asked him Kevin would go back into production.

Old May 20th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

I asked my girl friend to insert an appropriate zipper into my favorite
pilot pants. Cheaper than a commercial solution (for me), more work than
a commercial solution (for her), and custom tailored to my personal idea
of comfort.
Old May 20th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

I found them to be too thin and chilly on all except the hottest days here
in Indiana. Two of us in our club got a pair and neither of us rarely use
them.

Old May 20th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Wed, 20 May 2009 12:30:04 +0000, Nyal Williams wrote:

I found them to be too thin and chilly on all except the hottest days
here in Indiana. Two of us in our club got a pair and neither of us
rarely use them.

picky mode
Ah, so you wear them all the time? They must be really good!
/picky mode

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Old May 20th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rhwoody

On May 19, 8:30�pm, " wrote:
Cumlus Soaring in the past sold Peeto pants to facilitate airborne
relief. �The last time I ask he had dicontinued the item. �Did the
pilots who purchased them like the pants? �Is there a place to buy
them now?

Bll Snead

I bought 2 pair for friends in Germany a few years ago - they are
very happy with them - and I would buy a pair for myself if they
ever become available again -