Soliciting Testimonials on Covering Systems

Old August 13th 03, 06:08 PM
Larry Smith

Default Soliciting Testimonials on Covering Systems

Stits (Polyfiber) versus Airtech versus Superflite versus Blue River
(Aircraft Finishing Systems)

Are there any more? We're thinking about abandoning Polyfiber and going to
Airtech and want expecially to hear testimony about Airtech. It's supposed
to filter out UV rather than reflect it like Polyfiber does with the
aluminum flake paint called Polyspray. And it appears not to be as
labor-intensive as Polyfiber.

http://airtechcoatings.com/fabricdummies.html

BTW, if ol' BoOb from M-Zoora hadda known about UV his harness wuddna fell
apart.

BTW2, we have a ragwing Piper here with Blue River on it. Gack!

Oldcopper, young fella, I tried to be on topic this time. That dadburn
wallerin' M-Zoora porker is always a vexatious distractin' influence,
disturbin' all the good subjects. And he couldn't even build a pigpen fit
to hold a fat sow in. So he has flew for 5 or 6 decades, but think how much
DDT and parquat he's huffed.

Old August 14th 03, 04:19 AM
Bob Olds

"Larry Smith" wrote in message ...
[...]

Try for Razorbac permanent fabric. The
U.S. Gov't uses it on fabric control surfaces.

Bob Olds A&P , EAA Tech Counselor
RV-4 , N1191X
Charleston,Arkansas
Real Aviators Fly Taildraggers

Old August 16th 03, 02:03 AM
Paul Lee

"Larry Smith" wrote in message ...
Stits (Polyfiber) versus Airtech versus Superflite versus Blue River
(Aircraft Finishing Systems)
Airtech .... It's supposed
to filter out UV rather than reflect it like Polyfiber does with the
aluminum flake paint called Polyspray....

How does something "filter-out" radiation and neither reflect nor absorb it?
If it absorbs it - even though it doesnt let it through - it will raise
the surface temperature.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard project: www.abri.com/sq2000