A little positive GA news coverage

Old January 1st 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default A little positive GA news coverage

A 5 question oral exam? Wish I'd had one of those...

Me, too!

I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed with the level of easy
mistakes the reporter made. Considering how much time he spent
interviewing Joe, Mary and me, and how careful we were to make sure
that he got the straight dope -- it's just surprising that a
relatively intelligent person could get those kinds of details so
completely wrong.

But, overall, I'm glad GA got shone in a positive light.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old January 1st 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Maybe if you had we would have a few more people that became pilots.

Precisely.

Every day we read about kids hitting baseballs, or sinking baskets, or
running really fast -- but we never, EVER read about kids learning to
fly. Ever.

It's no wonder that kids don't get into aviation anymore -- not only
are few kids doing it, no one is even talking about the kids doing
it. If 200 kids see one of their peers in the paper doing something
they had never dreamt of doing, perhaps that will open their eyes to
what is truly possible.

I know I wish someone had told *me* that I could learn to fly, when I
was 17...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old January 1st 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Kyle Boatright" wrote

Strangely, I thought the purpose of this group was to talk about piloting.
Why not add something constructive to the discussion instead of ****ing on
it?

Really good idea, but some people, a very few, are too immature to control
themselves.

I wish everyone would take the attitude of, "If you don't have something
nice to say, don't say anything."
--
Jim in NC

Old January 1st 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I wish everyone would take the attitude of, "If you don't have something
nice to say, don't say anything."

I think I've found a land where this attitude prevails, Jim. It's
called "The Aviation Forum", and it's a moderated group of
enthusiastic, positive, upbeat pilots. See it he http://www.aviationforum.org

I've been lurking there for a few weeks, trying to get used to the
different format -- and am so far quite impressed with the clientele.
Best of all, trolls simply can't exist there, thanks to the
moderators.

I haven't yet jumped to that forum completely, because I keep hoping
that we will get past the current spate of ill will. However, with
this group sinking ever-deeper into a morass of anonymous Troll
vs.Troll banality, it's worth checking out.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old January 1st 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
I know I wish someone had told *me* that I could learn to fly, when I
was 17...

Most of us were bright enough to figure it out on our own...
Old January 1st 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Dec 31 2007, 2:01*pm, "F. Baum" wrote:

Jay, This is coming from someone who was a PPL at 17, a COMM INST at
19 and a Corporate pilot at 21. I felt no need to alert the press or
have my father make ENDLESS posts to RAP every time I went to the
airfield. Its good that your boy flys, but you have to be pretty self
absorbed to think we all need to constantly be reminded .

Hey! F. Baum!

**** YOU! This is probably one of the LEAST "self-absorbed" people in
this newsgroup.
You, F. Baum, however, seem to be pretty absorbed in your own
nastiness!
Why don't you go and **** yourself!

George

Old January 1st 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article , Martin Hotze
wrote:

If 200 kids see one of their peers in the paper doing something
they had never dreamt of doing, perhaps that will open their eyes to
what is truly possible.

some may also think (not that I think that your son hasn't done it
because he wanted to): poor guy: daddy flies, mommy flies and now he has
to do the same.

There are worse things to be "forced" into....

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old January 1st 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Kyle Boatright" wrote

Strangely, I thought the purpose of this group was to talk about
piloting. Why not add something constructive to the discussion
instead of ****ing on it?

Really good idea, but some people, a very few, are too immature to
control
themselves.

Give yourself time. You might learn.

I'm not holdiong out much hope, though.

I wish everyone would take the attitude of, "If you don't have
something nice to say, don't say anything."

God I love hypocrites. they're so tasty.

Bertie