FS: Gap Tape

Old May 6th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TJ[_1_]

Default FS: Gap Tape

I have one inch wide gap tape for sale.

35 rolls for $40 post paid in the US.

Not as good as the $6-$8 a roll tape, but
a lot cheaper if you put on and take off
tape daily. This is "one day use tape".

Considering the cost of postage these days,
my price is less than $1 a roll after I pay postage.

Thomas
LS3-17 BE

Old May 7th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Freeman

On May 6, 4:36*pm, "TJ" wrote:
I have one inch wide gap tape for sale.

35 rolls for $40 post paid in the US.

Not as good as the $6-$8 a roll tape, but
a lot cheaper if you put on and take off
tape daily. *This is "one day use tape".

Considering the cost of postage these days,
my price is less than $1 a roll after I pay postage.

Thomas
LS3-17 * BE

Just curious. I have always used white electrical tape for long term
use. Is there a reason to use "official" gap tape?
Old May 7th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On May 6, 7:42*pm, Steve Freeman wrote:
Just curious. I have always used white electrical tape for long term
use. Is there a reason to use "official" gap tape?

I just bought a new batch of 3M electrical tape and it is leaving
adhesive residue which it didn't do for over 15 years. I have to
wonder if they changed the adhesive formula.

Andy
Old May 7th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On May 6, 4:36*pm, "TJ" wrote:

I have one inch wide gap tape for sale.

35 rolls for $40 post paid in the US.

Not as good as the $6-$8 a roll tape, but
a lot cheaper if you put on and take off
tape daily. *This is "one day use tape".

Considering the cost of postage these days,
my price is less than $1 a roll after I pay postage.

Thomas
LS3-17 * BE

Just curious. I have always used white electrical tape for long term
use. Is there a reason to use "official" gap tape?

Electrical tape is fine, but TJ's tape is wider (it helps on my plane)
and cheaper (which always helps!) than any decent white electrical
tape I've used. I bought some from him last year, and still have a
LOT left. I tape on Saturdays, and pull tape Sundays, cleaning up any
residue with 3M "General Adhesive Cleaner". When the weather is over
100 degrees, TJ's tape will creep very slightly more than 3M
electrical tape.
Old May 10th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

I have been using this tape from TJ for years. Good stuff. However,
this is ONE USE ONLY tape. Not such a big deal as this stuff is
CHEAP.

My $0.02.

- John DeRosa
Old May 12th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 9:25*am, ContestID67 wrote:
I have been using this tape from TJ for years. *Good stuff. *However,
this is ONE USE ONLY tape. *Not such a big deal as this stuff is
CHEAP.

My $0.02.

- John DeRosa

I found it suitable for 2 days as well. I usually put it on Saturday
morning and remove it Sunday evening. It may leave some residue but no
big deal. Only issues are that it is a bit off white and occasionly
cracks at some spots, probably due to high speed or high altitude
flying. Still a good deal.

Ramy

zig zag tip tape Jim Culp Soaring 0 September 24th 07 04:08 PM
Gap Tape [email protected] Soaring 4 May 25th 07 08:55 PM
Gap Tape [email protected] Soaring 3 May 25th 07 01:55 PM
FS: Gap Tape TJ[_1_] Soaring 1 April 30th 07 02:26 PM
ATC Tape Steffen Braasch General Aviation 20 May 3rd 06 04:27 AM