Covers what to buy?

Old April 26th 15, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Covers what to buy?

I am looking at purchasing covers for an 18 meter glider. Last glider I had Jaxida (spelling covers). I would use these covers when say flying out of Minded or in Utah for a week soaring vacation and did not want to disassemble every night.

Which covers to buy? Any useful comments welcomed.

Thanks
Old April 26th 15, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:17:05 -0700, ucanemailmoi wrote:

I am looking at purchasing covers for an 18 meter glider. Last glider I
had Jaxida (spelling covers). I would use these covers when say flying
out of Minded or in Utah for a week soaring vacation and did not want to
disassemble every night.

Which covers to buy? Any useful comments welcomed.

I use Clouddancer covers from Germany. The price is reasonable, support
very good. I've kept my glider assembled and tied down in these covers
for most of the last two summer seasons and they still look in good shape.
Put it this way: I'll do the same this year.

http://www.clouddancers.de/

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old April 27th 15, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 2:17:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I am looking at purchasing covers for an 18 meter glider. Last glider I had Jaxida (spelling covers). I would use these covers when say flying out of Minded or in Utah for a week soaring vacation and did not want to disassemble every night.

Which covers to buy? Any useful comments welcomed.

Thanks

Clouddancers

Uncuttable All Weather Covers

http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 27th 15, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I highly recommend the Jaxida covers. They have a reputation for high
quality with glider pilots from around the world and they are in use by
thousands of glider pilots.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/jaxida.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________

Old April 27th 15, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

I have found that the Clouddancers Uncuttable covers are better quality than the Jaxida Covers and half the price. Many customers in the Western US were not satisfied with Jaxida they turned brown and brittle in a couple of years.

Richard
Old April 27th 15, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Jaxida has improved their product over the years. Jaxida is an extremely
well respected company - and preferred by many glider pilots. You can pay
less, but you can't buy better quality.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 27th 15, 09:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Roney

At 05:36 27 April 2015, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Paul, what is the warranty on Jaxida covers. I had a set many moons ago
an=
d they did not last well, and they were only used a three or four weeks
per=
year. I too am looking for good covers that will be used maybe three
week=
s every year, one week at a time.

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 8:56:05 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,
=20
Jaxida has improved their product over the years. Jaxida is an

extremely=
=20
well respected company - and preferred by many glider pilots. You can

pa=
y=20
less, but you can't buy better quality.
=20
Best Regards,
=20
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
=20
"Richard" wrote in message=20
=20
=20
=20
I have found that the Clouddancers Uncuttable covers are better quality

t=
han=20
the Jaxida Covers and half the price. Many customers in the Western US

w=
ere=20
not satisfied with Jaxida they turned brown and brittle in a couple

of=20
years.
=20
Richard

Hi
i`ve just bought a set of Kerry covers for less than £500 for my Lak 12
and they seem to be made of good material and fit well.
Colin

Old April 27th 15, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Jonathan,

Jaxida covers are supplied with a 2-year warranty. They also offer the
option to purchase and additional 2 year warranty at the time of purchase.

You can see some the their quality details he
http://www.jaxida-cover.de/cover-en/performance/

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 27th 15, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Pozerskis

Its all about Vertigo covers for me.

The UV protection is alleged to be better than all their rivals and they
won't turn into a brown crisp after 1 year!

You get for what you pay!

My covers are 6 years old and still look as good as new - used regularly
throughout the season.

I would highly recommend.

"Richard" wrote in message

I have found that the Clouddancers Uncuttable covers are better quality

than
the Jaxida Covers and half the price. Many customers in the Western US

were
not satisfied with Jaxida they turned brown and brittle in a couple of
years.

Richard

337 for vent covers? Robert M. Gary Owning 14 November 12th 05 05:31 PM
re Canopy Covers culverflyer Soaring 1 June 29th 05 04:43 AM
Canopy Covers [email protected] Soaring 1 June 29th 05 12:07 AM
aircraft covers Jeff Piloting 4 May 11th 04 12:48 AM
Jaxeda covers Andy Melville Soaring 2 March 8th 04 08:42 PM