Covers what to buy?

Old April 27th 15, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Beythien[_7_]

Default Covers what to buy?

Am 27.04.2015 um 14:49 schrieb Steve Pozerskis:

We are very happy with all weather covers including protection against
hail from

http://www.aeroprotect.de/en/default.php

Very helpful people.

The previous covers from jaxida did not last as long as our current
ones. The DG500M is the whole season on the airfield.

Its all about Vertigo covers for me.

The UV protection is alleged to be better than all their rivals and they
won't turn into a brown crisp after 1 year!

You get for what you pay!

My covers are 6 years old and still look as good as new - used regularly
throughout the season.

I would highly recommend.

At 11:44 27 April 2015, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

Jaxida covers are supplied with a 2-year warranty. They also offer the
option to purchase and additional 2 year warranty at the time of

purchase.

You can see some the their quality details he
http://www.jaxida-cover.de/cover-en/performance/

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Jonathan St. Cloud" wrote in message

Paul, what is the warranty on Jaxida covers. I had a set many moons ago
and
they did not last well, and they were only used a three or four weeks per

year. I too am looking for good covers that will be used maybe three

weeks

every year, one week at a time.

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 8:56:05 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Jaxida has improved their product over the years. Jaxida is an

extremely
well respected company - and preferred by many glider pilots. You can

pay
less, but you can't buy better quality.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Richard" wrote in message

I have found that the Clouddancers Uncuttable covers are better quality

than
the Jaxida Covers and half the price. Many customers in the Western US

were
not satisfied with Jaxida they turned brown and brittle in a couple of
years.

Richard

Old April 27th 15, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Simon Waddell[_2_]

We have a set of these covers for our Arcus M; spent the whole of last
season in the open - April thru' November, Swiss weather - and still look
good.

Each wing cover is in 4 panels.

Big selling point is the thick honeycomb layer in the top surface to
protect against hail.

Downside is that their English language skills are pretty poor, so write,
don't call...

Simon

Old April 27th 15, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Craig[_3_]

I would echo Poz on Vertigo!

http://www.vertigocovers.co.uk/gliders.html

Old April 28th 15, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Dale

I would also recommend Vertigo Covers.

Their product seems to be the ONLY one that is breathable. Having
breathable covers is important to prevent the ingress of condensation.
Other covers trap it in with coated fabrics and try to add ventilation with
netting on the bottom. Where as the Vertigo ones have a breathable outer
fabric which works with the inner liner to wick dry the wings.

Its the only product I would buy and my full set of Vertigo Covers on my
Std Cirrus are fantastic.

I think they do the hail protection as well if you wanted it.

Luke

Old April 28th 15, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

The Vertigo optional hail protection layer feels very shock absorbing
but makes the covers very heavy and bulky. I think it is worth it for a
glider parked outdoors in South Africa or somewhere else prone to
large hailstones but if not and if I ever need another set of covers it
would be Vertigos without the hail protection layer - unless they
come up with a lighter weight version'

Old April 29th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Williams[_2_]

I could not recommend Jaxida. Mine lasted around 2 and a half years (rigged

outside approx 6 months per year) before they literally disintegrated. This
in
Scotland, hardly renowned for suffering from UV! Jaxida shrugged off my
complaint.

I bought Vertigo. Less expensive and seemingly bulletproof over 6 years
later. (Well, not literally ;o)

Old April 29th 15, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Beythien[_7_]

Am 29.04.2015 um 21:29 schrieb Robert Williams:

The same happened to us, so we changed to aeroprotect and they are still
ok after more than 4 years without purchasing additional warranty.
Frank

Old April 30th 15, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Anyone have experience with the covers made in China?

337 for vent covers? Robert M. Gary Owning 14 November 12th 05 05:31 PM
re Canopy Covers culverflyer Soaring 1 June 29th 05 04:43 AM
Canopy Covers [email protected] Soaring 1 June 29th 05 12:07 AM
aircraft covers Jeff Piloting 4 May 11th 04 12:48 AM
Jaxeda covers Andy Melville Soaring 2 March 8th 04 08:42 PM