OLC

Old June 5th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC

Some thoughts on the OLC. It motivates me without the stress of
attending a week long competition with travel expenses, entry fee, lack
of sleep, etc. It educates me. I can study and learn from many of the
best pilots in the world. It unites and promotes soaring worldwide. I
pay nothing to the OLC for this privelege.
I have met one of the OLC instigators. He loves to soar, drink beer,
ride bikes and promote soaring. I am not sure what his compensation is,
but I know it is no where near what the Microsoft executives get. I
mention MS because it is clutsy software with lots of bugs and I had to
pay for it! Yes the OLC has some problems, so does the flight computer
software and the flight analysis program I use and payed money for.
I was not happy that I had to buy a new instrument with a secure flight
recorder to participate. It cost more than 10% of the value of my
glider. That instrument also came with totally inadequate
documentation.
My point is I find more value in these things than not. I choose to
participate. If I don't like them I do not have to have them. The OLC
does not request any money from individuals so I think constructive
criticism should be delivered with a good dose of praise.
My 2 cents.
Randy Cone V9

Old June 5th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Those watching the OLC for the last few weeks will see V9 has been making
VERY good use of those new instruments. Way to go Randy!

Bill Daniels

oups.com...