RST Intercom availability date?

Old December 2nd 03, 09:39 AM
Don

Default RST Intercom availability date?

I need a panel mount intercom. Anyone know when the RST kit will be available?
Thanks,
Don

Old December 2nd 03, 06:00 PM
Jim Weir

You people are frikkin' SCARY. I haven't mentioned the panel mount intercom in
over a year and I just put the last drawing in the Beta version of the manual at
midnight last night.

Here's the deal. There are four Beta units for free. However, you have to
agree to build the unit in 60 days and send it back for our evaluation. We will
then send it back to you for your use.

The **only** way to get a Beta unit is to go to www.rstengineering.com, down to
"Jim's Engineering Page", and then link to the "RST-443 Beta Program". The text
file at this site will give you full directions for getting one of the first
four units.

I'm currently uploading the text file, manuals, and picture to the Beta Program
page and won't have the link up until late this afternoon (Tuesday, 2 December).
After the link is up it is first come, first served.

Jim

(Don)

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old December 3rd 03, 02:23 AM

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:00:57 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

:You people are frikkin' SCARY. I haven't mentioned the panel mount intercom in
ver a year and I just put the last drawing in the Beta version of the manual at
:midnight last night.

BTW, that ficus over your left shoulder needs water.

Old December 3rd 03, 04:16 PM
Jim Weir

We released the first four Beta units yesterday afternoon and they were gone
within the hour -- they will ship shortly after we get back from Kitty Hawk.
When we get the data from those Betas into the mill, it will be sometime in
March or April when we get the production units rolling.

Jim

Old December 3rd 03, 07:01 PM
flyer

Just for your information, I have built a BETA version of Jim's latest
about a year ago and it is great. The intercom squelch is very good,
and everything else is top quality. Worked first time. Maybe that is
a testement to my good soldering skills, but the parts had to be right
too.

"Fred in Florida" wrote in message ...
Well, why don't you ask Jim. He'll probably know ...

m...