Avgas Coming Down?

Old August 30th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

Default Avgas Coming Down?

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP
Old August 30th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

While I'm sure everybody's Avgas fuel quotes are going down (ours are)
you still have the fuel in the tank that you paid big $$$ for that has
to go. There are not that many airports (if any) that go through 10K
gallons of 100LL as quick as a typical gas station.

We usually go through a tanker load per month. Some of the higher
priced places may end up sitting on that high $$$ stuff for months
because piston guys are avoiding them like the plague.
Old August 30th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Our is at $3.61/gal and the FBO said it might go down by $0.20/gal when
the next load arrives this week. Also on the news this morning the local
radio station was reporting that autogas could be going down to
$2.00/gal after the holidays.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 30th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

ktbr wrote:
Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

While I'm sure everybody's Avgas fuel quotes are going down (ours are)
you still have the fuel in the tank that you paid big $$$ for that has
to go. There are not that many airports (if any) that go through 10K
gallons of 100LL as quick as a typical gas station.

I heard on the radio this AM industry analysts are predicting gas
prices to be "closer to $2 than $3 by Thanksgiving". That might be good
news for LL consumers, but I'm too cynical to think the boutique fuel
market will respond as quickly, if at all, to a drop in mogas prices. I
am curious about what's behind this predicted drop though - reduced
demand after the summer is one thing, but this seems more like a market
adjustment IMO.

Kingfish
Turbine analyst *NOT* a fuel analyst

Old August 30th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Locally ( in central Wisconsin), there is a historic and fairly accurate
correlation between the mogas pump price and the 100LL wholesale price when
prices are stable. Even though the taxes and the markups are different,
it's been easy to figure out what the 100LL price "should" be.

Example: If mogas at the pumps is 2.98, the wholesale 100LL tanker load
price will be around 2.98. Most FBO's prices will be close to $3.98. Our's
is currently $3.90.

This is just something that I've noticed locally and have been able to
determine by talking with the wholesale dealers. If I see a local FBO
charging more than $1 over the mogas pump price, he simply doesn't get my
business.

Jim

. ..

Old August 30th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

My November contract quote for gasoline is $2.616 if I wanted to book it
now. This is the lowest month from now until May 2007... IF I wanted to
book it now. I haven't contracted any fuel and I've been able to buy it
about 10 cents cheaper than the forward contract price... so far.
Jim

"Kingfish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 30th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

ktbr wrote:

While I'm sure everybody's Avgas fuel quotes are going down (ours are)
you still have the fuel in the tank that you paid big $$$ for that has
to go.

it's funny how fast these tanks get emptied and promptly replaced with
new priced fuel when the prices are going *up*...

--Sylvain
Old August 30th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jose[_1_]

it's funny how fast these tanks get emptied and promptly replaced with
new priced fuel when the prices are going *up*...

Conspiracy is attractive, but so are low fuel prices. Maybe that causes
the demand?

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old August 30th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Jon Kraus wrote:

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

That is just plain wrong. I heard a news report that for the second
week in a row gas prices dropped eight cents. Here in CO I just saw
the first drop in many weeks...2 cents. Still $2.93 for the cheapest
unleaded.

100LL around $4.10

Ron Lee

Old August 30th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Butler[_1_]

Ron Lee wrote:
Jon Kraus wrote:

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

That is just plain wrong.

Really? I have a feeling Jon knows better what's happening in Indy than you.
When I want to know what's happening in CO, I'll ask you.

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Piloting 56 September 1st 06 09:19 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Owning 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Piloting 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM