Anyone with easy access to a Komet trailer?

Old October 12th 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

Default Anyone with easy access to a Komet trailer?

I am thinking of getting a solar panel to install on top of my Komet trailer (1986 model to be more specific), unfortunately don't have easy access to my trailer right now. Can someone that has access check the dimensions and let me know if a 112 × 15.5 panel fit on the relatively flat areas on top?

This is a flexible panel that gets glued to the top so small curvature is fine, but it won't go around sharp bends: http://www.recycledgoods.com/product...anel-no-cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 12th 13, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Friday, October 11, 2013 10:12:58 PM UTC-4, Morteza Ansari wrote:
I am thinking of getting a solar panel to install on top of my Komet trailer (1986 model to be more specific), unfortunately don't have easy access to my trailer right now. Can someone that has access check the dimensions and let me know if a 112 × 15.5 panel fit on the relatively flat areas on top?

This is a flexible panel that gets glued to the top so small curvature is fine, but it won't go around sharp bends: http://www.recycledgoods.com/product...anel-no-cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will fit. I can take a photo in daylight tomorrow with a tape measure on it. the "flat" area is about 17" wide. The back edge would have to go near the front of the fin.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old October 13th 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

Thank you, very much appreciated. No need for photo, I just wanted to confirm it fits flat somewhere on top.

Need Help with Komet Trailer Maintenance [email protected] Soaring 3 March 31st 13 01:07 PM
Komet Trailer Coupler [email protected] Soaring 0 September 19th 12 03:48 AM
Trailer tires for old (1981) Komet Trailer [email protected] Soaring 3 May 13th 09 10:24 PM
Old Komet Trailer thermalrider Soaring 7 October 11th 08 04:13 PM
KOMET Trailer Cradle [email protected] Soaring 3 September 27th 04 04:33 AM