A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anyone with easy access to a Komet trailer?

Old October 12th 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari
external usenet poster

Default Anyone with easy access to a Komet trailer?

I am thinking of getting a solar panel to install on top of my Komet trailer (1986 model to be more specific), unfortunately don't have easy access to my trailer right now. Can someone that has access check the dimensions and let me know if a 112 × 15.5 panel fit on the relatively flat areas on top?

This is a flexible panel that gets glued to the top so small curvature is fine, but it won't go around sharp bends: http://www.recycledgoods.com/product...anel-no-cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 12th 13, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 11, 2013 10:12:58 PM UTC-4, Morteza Ansari wrote:
I am thinking of getting a solar panel to install on top of my Komet trailer (1986 model to be more specific), unfortunately don't have easy access to my trailer right now. Can someone that has access check the dimensions and let me know if a 112 × 15.5 panel fit on the relatively flat areas on top?

This is a flexible panel that gets glued to the top so small curvature is fine, but it won't go around sharp bends: http://www.recycledgoods.com/product...anel-no-cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will fit. I can take a photo in daylight tomorrow with a tape measure on it. the "flat" area is about 17" wide. The back edge would have to go near the front of the fin.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old October 13th 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari
external usenet poster

Thank you, very much appreciated. No need for photo, I just wanted to confirm it fits flat somewhere on top.